300F

If the miles are original, then it is the same miles as mine. I didn't know there was another one, but that is good to hear. I like nice original and I do believe this one is the original mileage. The foam under the dash pad has given way similar to mine and the details of the car are just too original to have been redone it seems to me.

What is interesting is that the wheels on those cars were large 14" and those are original wheel covers on what are claimed to be 15" wheels. Those wheels must be some of the specialty ones I have read about that are made to order that are 15" with provisions for mounting the original 14" wheel covers. The black gap between the wheel and the whitewall is a turn off to me though, so I will keep the 14" wheels. I am too much of a purist I guess.

That is a nice car. Mine is below.

300F #2 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:
i've got a pair of those 14x7's on 5 1/2 bc . they used a 11.00x14 tire with low air pressure to get the smoothist ride out of those . couldn't imagine it handling well , like that .

My 300F handles extremely well for a car of that era. I've never driven it on original style bias tires though.

I believe the BAT listing is just incorrect as to the wheel size. People just assume that something that big has 15" wheels.

Here is what a 15" wheel with a ring welded in to hold the 14" wheelcover looks like. Not something I would do.

300f_15_wheel.jpg

Last edited:
My 300F handles extremely well for a car of that era. I've never driven it on original style bias tires though.

I believe the BAT listing is just incorrect as to the wheel size. People just assume that something that big has 15" wheels.

Here is what a 15" wheel with a ring welded in to hold the 14" wheelcover looks like. Not something I would do.

View attachment 326158
No, that is not attractive.

we did that for this dart so the owner could run his original wheel covers . but your 'f' has radias's and 15'' rims . should handle better than the original 14'' with those jumbo 11.00 x 14's with low air pressure , something like 18 psi in those bias ply tires . here is a pic of what we did . to get some rubber under this moredoor dart . of course we smoothed out those welds . and in satin black you can't see must of that 15x8 out rim showing . and the front stand with a 14x6 rim . just building a sleeper , hp 440 , tti exhaust , hp 727gv od , dana 60 4.10's track lock'r
DSC00092.JPG
DSC00093.JPG
DSC00094.JPG
DSC00095.JPG
DSC00096.JPG
DSC00044.JPG
, hd suspension n swaybars . it should rock his world .
DSC00099.JPG
DSC00100.JPG
DSC00101.JPG
DSC00102.JPG

Back