383 Intake question

ODSVET

Reaction score
I have a buddy who is working a on a pretty cherry '65 Fury III. Today he went to swap the intake from the factory 2bbl intake to a factory 4bbl intake , but it's not even close .. Is the 65 year 383 different ? I know it's not a small block intake .. anybody with an answer to this please chime in ...

Is he sure its a 383 and not a poly 318. There completely different..............

I have a buddy who is working a on a pretty cherry '65 Fury III. Today he went to swap the intake from the factory 2bbl intake to a factory 4bbl intake , but it's not even close .. Is the 65 year 383 different ? I know it's not a small block intake .. anybody with an answer to this please chime in ...

B and RB engines have different intakes and distributers.

B = 361, 383 and 400
RB = 413, 426 Wedge and 440

the deck height is taller on the RB

It's either an RB intake or the deck has been milled on the 383. Probably the former

Is he sure its a 383 and not a poly 318. There completely different..............

Valve covers tell the story if it's a Y block 318

images

They look really cool if you ask me btw

B = 361, 383 and 400

It's either an RB intake or the deck has been milled on the 383. Probably the former

Its has to be the former , this motor hasn't come apart since it left the Plymouth factory in 65 ...

B = 361, 383 and 400

Don't forget the RB 383. People still sell those thinking they are B 383 intakes.

Don't forget the RB 383. People still sell those thinking they are B 383 intakes.

Nice one .. I also didn't mention the One-Year-Wonder for 1958, 350 B engine which did not return for 1959.

I usually omit those to not cause confusion but to omit can lead to confusion :)

Nice one .. I also didn't mention the One-Year-Wonder for 1958, 350 B engine which did not return for 1959.

I usually omit those to not cause confusion but to omit can lead to confusion :)

I was young and dumb. I yanked one out of a '60(?) Chrysler thinking it was a 413. It was a good experience. I learned how to kill wasps and snakes. I think the golden Lion emblem is still around somewhere.

Back