383 stock rocker shaft assembly question

They are interchangeable. No left or right.
You do have to orient them correctly. See the FSM.
Thanks Big John
Next thing you'll know is that he'll be telling us that the heads aren't interchangeable from left to right!
Never said that, Stubbs. Leave it to you to make a big issue out of a small one. I make mistakes, but I guess you don't.

Thanks Big John

Never said that, Stubbs. Leave it to you to make a big issue out of a small one. I make mistakes, but I guess you don't.
And I never said you did! It was meant as a joke, I guess you had the blinders on when you read that?
BTW- That was directed to 1970 Fury, not you!

OK, I missed that. If you're ever in Richmond area, pm me. We can meet at some watering hole and figure out Mopar and the rest of the world's issues. I'l buy the first round. Ben

OK, I missed that. If you're ever in Richmond area, pm me. We can meet at some watering hole and figure out Mopar and the rest of the world's issues. I'l buy the first round. Ben
I have no plans to get that way anytime soon, except to fight against your treasonous Gov's 2A B.S!

:rofl:Watch out. We could be veering off topic again.
Took a look at my 440 shaft yesterday.
My mistake: forgot that shaft oils from the shaft stand bolt hole instead of a separate passage all the way to the shaft.
20191229_221900.jpg

Also important to note that though shafts are interchangeable, rocker arms have different offsets. I always put a coat hanger through mine, so I keep them in exact same order while cleaning the shafts.
20191229_221848.jpg

Also important to note that though shafts are interchangeable, rocker arms have different offsets. I always put a coat hanger through mine, so I keep them in exact same order while cleaning the shafts.
View attachment 340872
Nice to see that your paying attention to details. Most people would just tear it apart like a tornado, then wonder why they can't get it back together.

Back