Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross Wooldridge

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi all,

Looking for a backup lamp connector housing for my 4 speed. This is a two prong plastic connector that pushes onto the two prongs coming out of the back up lamp switch on my 4 speed trans, connecting the backup lamp harness to the trans switch.

This connector is unique to 4 speeds :wtf:, and my original is long gone, and the wiring was a backyard hack job with two single connectors jammed on. :( The switch is newer too, and looks like the upgraded "no leak" version you find on eBay. The switch looks like this:
switch-a833-4speed-backuplamp-2073.jpg

As you can see, the switch body is round, and the prongs are parallel, 3/8ths of an inch apart. I believe the connector housing has a sort of boot that pushes over the round plastic part of the connector. I think the connector housing looks like the round one seen in the middle of this pic, but I'm not sure.
MD4521.jpg

It's easy to find the switches, not easy to find just the connector. :BangHead: Can anybody help? All I need is the empty connector housing - I can deal with the harness and new female spade terminals etc..

Anybody? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes, it does, thanks! I am hoping to avoid having to buy a $60 harness (factoring in exchange and shipping etc etc) when all I really need is just the $5 round ended connector...

Hoping someone has a used one I can get.

Thanks John!

Update - National Moparts here in Canada sells an affordable 67 A body manual trans harness with all the right stuff on it, that will literally drop in to my car since it is actually longer than my hacked up original.

Roughly $30 US shipped. Can't beat that!

All good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back