40th Annual Mopar Expo Show & Swap Meet. Gonna Be Huge!

Oh I know.. I’ve seen his in person.. it’s a stunner for sure, but NO competition..

I've got the privilege to see it in person as well. I saw it in Carlisle in 2018 when it won 1st Place and Celebrity Pick. Truly a beautiful car and a lot of work into it

ATTENTION NEW ENGLAND C-BODY ONLY MEMBERS- My car club Mopars In Motion here in Connecticut is hosting a 40th Annual Mopar Expo Show & Swap Meet. I personally would love this to be like Carlisle and see a lot of c-bodies there. This Show Is A Big Deal And Is Planning To Be Huge Since It Is The 40th Anniversary, Even Mopar Collectors Guide Wrote About It! The show used to be held at the Farmington Polo Grounds back in the day, so Mopars In Motion & Papa's Dodge are bringing the show back to its birthplace. This is going to be a 2 day show and swap meet, show dates are May 16th & 17th. Time is 9am-3pm both days. Car entrance fee price is $10.00 on Saturday and $15.00 Sunday. Spectator fee is a $5.00 donation that goes towards the Special Olympics of CT. Swap meet space is $25.00 per day per 8x20 spot. 19 show classes. Officer picked 1st place awards in each class on Saturday. Participant 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards on Sunday. Show is also open to AMC, truck, and non Mopar show vehicles. Show location is the Farmington Polo Grounds 152 Town Farm Road in Farmington, CT. If you need more information including places to stay, visit MoparInMotion.com, or visit Mopars in Motion. Just to show what you will be getting into......
View attachment 361516View attachment 361517

YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS HUGE SHOW!! I messaged some members and so far @cbarge from Canada and @barsteel are definitely coming. @Yeahrightgreer @Turboomni and @BigCah will try to make it, @c-barge will see what he can do, and @68_fury_ragtop may come. Anyone else? Hope to see more members there! :)

Canada and USA agreed to extend border closure for another 30 days..well I will not be able to attend this show. Bummer..:(

Canada and USA agreed to extend border closure for another 30 days..well I will not be able to attend this show. Bummer..:(

Bummer is right, that really sucks. So very sorry to hear this. I got a feeling it is for the best in the long term. There is always next year though, hope you can make it.

Bummer is right, that really sucks. So very sorry to hear this. I got a feeling it is for the best in the long term. There is always next year though, hope you can make it.
Thanks,will plan on it for next year for sure..
Til then Frankie (Maggie's car) and the BoaB (under the cover) are still in storage..
Southern Christmas 2019 419.jpg

ATTENTION NEW ENGLAND C-BODY ONLY MEMBERS-

It was announced on my car clubs' facebook page, and is with sadness to tell you all that this show has been postponed due to the virus. :(. We do not have a date set in place yet, but when we do I will let everyone know.

From The Mopars In Motion Facebook Page-
Screenshot_2020-04-22-18-01-19.png
Thank you for everyone's understanding.

I figured it was just a matter of time.
Borders are closed for an extra month so I could not go anyways.

I figured it was just a matter of time.

I kind of figured as well because the state is still shutdown until at least May 20th. The show however as of now is postponed but there is no date yet. When there is one I will let you know. :)

carlisle will be next

Sorry I have to disagee here. I don't think it will be cancelled, I still have hope right now. The least amount of time the state of Connecticut will be open in is the beginning or first week of June. I got a feeling it will be on. Speaking of Carlisle, I am going to PM you on that tomorrow.

How's this nice car progressing? Certainly a lovely color combination.
Thx for the interest.. The color combo is what attracted me in the first place, that and the cars story / history. I bought her site unseen, and I'm paying dearly for that decision. Wife wasn't happy that I brought another car home since at the time I had a 75 NYB. But! had to have it.. So let the $$$$$ begin. The progress has been Slow, especially since I found out she had a "Termite Problem" lol. Thats rally been the hold up. finding. a shop in my area that works on these old girls is a tough. Most shops around me are the usual Insurance places. Through friends of friends I was able to find a shop close enough that was willing to look at the work needed, but then this Virus closed the shop for the mean time.. Im in no rush, so I'll wait the see if / when he reopens. To try and make SOME headway in the meantime Ive gutted the interior to make access for the rust issue on the front driver side floor area. While the seats are out, had them recovered. Ordered Vinyl top , carpet and headliner material from SMS. Been tinkering with the Mechs of her here and there, New shocks-tires, belts-hoses and all the usual under the hood stuff, had the power antenna repaired and reinstalled, had to pull the inner fender to access it, painted that while out and need to reinstall..
She still runs and drives though. I take her out from time to time just because.. But the body and paint is my Achilles heel at the moment. Once I have that completed I can move quickly on getting here back in shape.

Consider yourself updated sir..

Thx, John

Back