NOT MINE 428HO/4-Speed: 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix Not mine

Turboomni

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Unusual car. As of 3/30/2021 bidding is $35,400.00 reserve not met with 7 days to go. NO Power Steering!!!

1969 Pontiac Grand Prix | eBay

https://barnfinds.com/428-ho-4-spee...tm_medium=email&utm_source=Newsletter+(Daily)

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this one online too. Super cool car. Wish I had the $ to grab it, as it's local.

Exceptional car & very unusual. Swear I've seen this car for sale several times over the years including pre-restoration where it was a wee bit ratty. Thought it didn't have the original motor & you'd think they would be bragging about that if it did. The only thing that I don't care for is the color combination, if it were resale red I believe it might do a lot better.

Sweet car!! If I could buy it the first thing I'd do is put a nice set of wheels on it!!

There are a number of Pontiac large body 4-speed cars I'd like to have. Saw a '68 Catalina Ragtop a few months back; oh yes!

If the block is the correct block it needs to be dated. The WL did indeed come in the 69 4 speed 428 HO Grand Prix but the head cast was not 46.
46 headcast was a headcast for 350's mostly and a few 400's several years after 69.
Something has been changed.
The 1969 428 WL should have a 62 headcast.

Awesome color for sure!
However I would have rather had the parchment interior over the gold.

4 speed 69's are very rare. Very difficult to buy. In the hundreds were made.

Notice both the drivers and passengers side front kick panels. They have pull knobs on them. These kick panels were only produced for 69 and were only installed on cars with no A/C. The no A/C is a very very rare option on a grand prix. Grand prix being a luxury type car almost always had a/c.
I've actually acquired a set of these kick panels as I'm a parts hoarder I guess. Really I want to replace the a/c and temperature control system that is on my grand prix with a standard heater system. Here in the mountains that's all I really need and I don't like the temperature control system. They work like crap.
Anyway, those are some very very rare kick panels. I paid something like 500 for them over 10 years ago.

Notice both the drivers and passengers side front kick panels. They have pull knobs on them. These kick panels were only produced for 69 and were only installed on cars with no A/C. The no A/C is a very very rare option on a grand prix. Grand prix being a luxury type car almost always had a/c.
I've actually acquired a set of these kick panels as I'm a parts hoarder I guess. Really I want to replace the a/c and temperature control system that is on my grand prix with a standard heater system. Here in the mountains that's all I really need and I don't like the temperature control system. They work like crap.
Anyway, those are some very very rare kick panels. I paid something like 500 for them over 10 years ago.

I'd bet the lack of PS, vinyl top, & wheel covers is at least as rare as the lack of AC. Really like how this GP is equipped, austere & all business, my kind of car. How 'bout a pic or two of your GP?

I've seen a few with the wheel covers.
No vinyl top is not so rare but on the lower end of the numbers.
I've not ever noticed one without power steering.
Only seen like two others with no A/C.

Sweet car.

I'll find a picture or two of my car.

Last edited:
I dont have many pics of the car. I'll find another one or two. The car drives great. It's only ever needed an altenator a battery and one brake line.

The parchment interior is very difficult to find. Mine is parchment.
I just purchased these seats for 2500 bucks plus shipping.
One year only stuff. It costs a shiny penny even in the pontiac world. Until you want to sell it anyway.

428 model J. auto gold exterior with parchment interior. It's been in the mountains it's whole life and it has a trunk that has zero rust.

I purchased it to take the 428 out and put it into a 67 gto Lemans that I have. By 10 miles I decided that I could not take the motor out and that I would just keep it. 20 years later I still drive it every week.

OldComputerHardDrive 5929.JPG

P8220313.JPG

This car has the best exterior door handles of any classic car hands down.

The interior is Delorean's design. It's a very personal interior unlike any other car I have driven. The passengers can not see the speedometer as the car was designed to mimic a cock pit.

Something else to point out about the posted car is that the windows are manual. That is VERY uncommon on the 69 grand prix's.
My door panels are manual also. I've been looking for a set of door panels since I've owned the car. 1 year only.

I drove past the car for over two years and thought it was the ugliest biggest nosed car I had ever seen.
After driving it, every thought I ever had of the car changed. Truly one of the nicest drivers I've ever been in. And I've had a few and they all drove really good!

This car has the best exterior door handles of any classic car hands down.

The interior door handles were unique at the time too, in the armrest, and for some reason they went to the standard type in 1970. And the doors in mine opened and closed very easily,

I bought a '69 Grand Prix my junior year of high school. Bought it from the auto shop teacher for $1800, fresh paint and interior, and a rebuilt 350 2 bbl from a Lemans. Drove it all through high school and about a year after. I wrecked it, but it was still drivable. I was going 100 mph+ and came up on an S curve, ended up sideways and somehow slid on top of the guardrail splintering several of the telephone pole size posts. Sold it for $350

I'd love to have another one!

Looking at those interior pictures reminds me of the strange flat black coating on the console. Mine was scratched, so I started picking at it, and it pulled off in sheets. It was like Plastikote. There was beautiful chrome underneath, so I removed it all, and was left with a better looking console. The first day I drove around noonish on a sunny day I realized why they put that on there, to eliminate glare!

Last edited:
The doors are super solid on these grand prix's. Mine close like new.
The interior door handles were cool for sure with the little cups you reach into and pull the door handle. Really cool design. I'd have to say on of the coolest interior door pulls as well. Really I can't think of another interior door pull that you actually pull towards yourself in the same way. Very unique.

Back