59 dodge input needed

I hauled it home late this afternoon. just putting wheels and tires on it increased its value by 500 bucks.
That's is a 64 windsor up on blocks. I pulled the engine and trans.
Last night I phoned a mopar buddy. He filled me in on metal interchange. Says he has a rust free 64 chrysler parts car. I'm welcome to take my sawzall and get what I need.
There arnt any keys so it looks like a old dude is crawling into another trunk via the back seat. I'm hoping to find the other 3 wheel covers and a tin can full of 1000 dollar Bill's.

20201207_172939.jpg

Nice rescue. Big M auto in Williams California has some 60 dodge parts cars.
Also the 64 Chrysler will have bigger brakes front and rear.
A easy stock looking brake upgrade.

When I was loading a retired guy from killarney stopped in at scrap yard. He told me this car has been sitting there for 30 years. It was formally owned by a Dr. Wood. Retired guy said this dodge drove in and was minty. Also said Dr Wood had 4 or 5 cool cars in a shed when he passed.
I had a weird feeling when all 4 brakes were free. Kinda like the car was saying to me " let's get the **** out of here before it's to late"

When I was loading a retired guy from killarney stopped in at scrap yard. He told me this car has been sitting there for 30 years. It was formally owned by a Dr. Wood. Retired guy said this dodge drove in and was minty. Also said Dr Wood had 4 or 5 cool cars in a shed when he passed.
I had a weird feeling when all 4 brakes were free. Kinda like the car was saying to me " let's get the **** out of here before it's to late"
Great find. Where about did you find this car. I lived in Killarney for several years and visited there quite a bit but never saw this car anywhere.

Rod, it was at scrap place just south of town. I never knew it was there but looks to me that lots of others did.
Word is 10 or 15 yrs ago a guy from alberta attended "flywheel days" at killarney driving a restored 60. This guy tried to buy the 60 but owner wouldn't or couldn't sell it. (something about possible co ownership)
Also a guy from 40 miles east of Brandon caught wind of it 5 ish yr ago. Word is at that time it was for sale at 1500. This guy would only pay 1000 so car stayed. And I expect it's been for sale since then.
I bought a 65 4 door 300 from scrap yard and while loading it the boss asked me if I had any intrest in a 60 dodge. I have a terminal case of dodge fever
The 65 300 is rotted out bad but has 383 4 barrel and cable shift trans. I pulled engine/trans. And will squirrel away any salvage I can get off it

This is my dissecting table area. I have a 30 inch diameter block of oak under passenger side so dont freak about unsafe blocks holding it up
This 300 was a classy car in its day

20201204_164803.jpg

Getting a history of past owners of a car is always interesting to me. Adds provenance. Family may add information of history and even documents pertaining to the car.

Rod, it was at scrap place just south of town. I never knew it was there but looks to me that lots of others did.
Word is 10 or 15 yrs ago a guy from alberta attended "flywheel days" at killarney driving a restored 60. This guy tried to buy the 60 but owner wouldn't or couldn't sell it. (something about possible co ownership)
Also a guy from 40 miles east of Brandon caught wind of it 5 ish yr ago. Word is at that time it was for sale at 1500. This guy would only pay 1000 so car stayed. And I expect it's been for sale since then.
I bought a 65 4 door 300 from scrap yard and while loading it the boss asked me if I had any intrest in a 60 dodge. I have a terminal case of dodge fever

The 65 300 is rotted out bad but has 383 4 barrel and cable shift trans. I pulled engine/trans. And will squirrel away any salvage I can get off it

The only place I can think of is where Ron’s auto salvage used to be about a mile south of town. I know that there are also a couple of collectors further south.
If you decide to fix it and need parts I know of a guy near Teulon who has a ton of old cars many or this vintage. He is hidden in the back forty and has cars spread everywhere.

Rod, yea it's the place were Ron was.
Now it's a guy Rob Lyons.
I'll keep you in mind for parts.
I'm.liking this car more all the time.
Last night the mopar addict told me how to get the door hinge back to were it needed to be without much trouble. Took me under 5 minutes to get door closing perfectly.
I invested 25 bucks at the car wash and got most of the moss and tree sap off it and just now one of my wishes was granted. The other 3 wheel covers are in the trunk. Havnt cleaned trunk out yet and am still hopeful I find the tin can

20201208_152416.jpg

20201208_163225.jpg

Rod, yea it's the place were Ron was.
Now it's a guy Rob Lyons.
I'll keep you in mind for parts.
I'm.liking this car more all the time.
Last night the mopar addict told me how to get the door hinge back to were it needed to be without much trouble. Took me under 5 minutes to get door closing perfectly.
I invested 25 bucks at the car wash and got most of the moss and tree sap off it and just now one of my wishes was granted. The other 3 wheel covers are in the trunk. Havnt cleaned trunk out yet and am still hopeful I find the tin can

View attachment 421525

View attachment 421527
I must have driven past that a hundred times and didn’t see it. Ron or Potty as we called him was a great guy and very good friend of mine. He had a great business and tons of old cars, this one wasn’t part of his auto wrecking business. He died much too young.

Basically no cars there now.
More of a scrap metal buisnes.
The 60 dodge was somewhat hidden.
There is a 59 or 60 fargo shortbox stashed somewere. He claims he has plans for it.
I asked the owner to keep me in mind if he runs across mopar stuff, even parts.

Back