60's Lower Ball Joint P/N Confusion

MoPar~Man

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking into getting a set of lower ball joints for '67 Monaco (front drums).

I'm looking at Amazon, Ebay, Jegs. Looking at Moog and "Proforged" and also "Rare Parts".

If these are the wrong P/N's or if they are correct but there are others crosses then let me know.

Moog K783 / K781
Proforged 101-10129 / 101-10128
Rare Parts RP10167 / RP10166

I don't think I see P/N's or brand names on ebay. From the pictures they all look like the above.

Amazon says the Moog and Proforged don't fit '67 Polara / Monaco, but says Rare Parts does fit (and is 4 times the price!).

Jegs says the Moog and Proforged will fit.

The geometry of the control arm can give optical illusions, it's confusing to look at this part from some angles because the arm looks straight, other angles it looks like it curves down or to the side or both. So comparing the part from different venders and different brands based on photo is not easy.

Is there a difference here whether we're talking disk brakes vs drum brakes?

The Amazon Canada price for the proforged is the best out of all these options, the pair comes to about $130 USD. Can anyone here give any guidance as to whether these all interchange and are correct for slab-side drum brake cars?

There is --- N O --- confusion....
1965 - 1973 " C " Body -- A L L --- ( except 1967 - 1968 with Front DISC ) are
10220 (Right LOWER) and 10221 (Left LOWER) T R W ( out of business ) or
K7003 (Right LOWER) and K7005 (Left LOWER) MOOG (Discontinued / OBSOLETE long ago )

K781 and K783 are " B " and " E " Body, and are toys compared to the " C " Body LOWER Ball Joints.....

I have them in stock, made in California @ $ 99.00 each.... and I have 1 set of
*** N.O.S. MOOG *** Presently @ $ 195.00 each....
( Plus Shipping or FREE Pick Up )

P.M. me, as per forum rules, if interested...... Craig...

Ross,
Hope you are doing well !!! Want to talk to you soon.....

I have been working 400 hours a day, as deadlines are coming up .... sitting in my wheelchair typing this to you.... getting flabby again, too --- not good --- I just got a prescription for more physical therapy --- but , naturally, it is N O T FREE.... they supposedly cover around 80 % --- I will find out soon....

Talk to you soon....

MoPar ~ Man , above , has already P.M.ed me, we will talk in the morning, and it looks like he might gobble up the one (1) pair of MOOGs that I found ( 1 at a time... in fact, I have 2 of one LOWER, and 1 of the other LOWER !!! )

You know I LOVE 99 % of CANADIANs, EH ?? Born and Raised with --- Class --- EH ??

Be well, Craig....

By the way, Mopar ~ Man,
How PATHETIC an outfit like Jegs says " They will fit , duh, duh duh "
In the 60 years they have been on the planet, do they not realize they are about 6 " too short !!!

You know the famous line --- " You can't fix Stew Pid " !!! ( L O L )

Until the A.M. .... Craig....

Ross,
Hope you are doing well !!! Want to talk to you soon.....

I have been working 400 hours a day, as deadlines are coming up .... sitting in my wheelchair typing this to you.... getting flabby again, too --- not good --- I just got a prescription for more physical therapy --- but , naturally, it is N O T FREE.... they supposedly cover around 80 % --- I will find out soon....

Talk to you soon....

MoPar ~ Man , above , has already P.M.ed me, we will talk in the morning, and it looks like he might gobble up the one (1) pair of MOOGs that I found ( 1 at a time... in fact, I have 2 of one LOWER, and 1 of the other LOWER !!! )

You know I LOVE 99 % of CANADIANs, EH ?? Born and Raised with --- Class --- EH ??

Be well, Craig....
Hey Craig - I'll give you a shout this weekend!

@mobileparts

Hey Craig - just letting you know I've finally got my parts today (you shipped them fast, it's only now that I've got them from my buddy in Michigan). I might be in the market for a front wheel drum at some point.

But anyways - thanks a million eh?

Back