61 Seneca trunk fit a 62 dodge 880

Pops62

Reaction score
i found a trunk lid that is in very good shape just trying to figure out if it would fit my 62 880 again it’s a 61 Seneca
Thanks

The trunklids on the 1961 Dodge models have different part numbers than the 1962-63 Dodge Custom

1961 Seneca trunklid is part# 1919360 (for both 2-dr and 4-dr models)

The part# for the 1962-63 Dodge Custom and 1962 Chrysler models is 2253270

Not certain on why the new part# with the 1962 models but probably best to compare the two lids side by side to ensure interchange.

61 Dodge Seneca

1961_Dodge_Seneca_rear.jpg

62 Dodge 880

1962-dodge-custom-880.jpg

They look nearly identical except for the trim - lettering etc. I bet you they do interchange, but don't quote me on it!

Thanks Ross I really think it would fit just not sure of demensions I happen to like the dodge letters in back even though the hood I am considering doesn’t have them
I have read through the thread by furious a couple times and it says 61 Polara would fit then I read long vs short wheel base and I don’t know enough to determine if that changes just the nose or the whole body

My interchange manual says yes.

At least that’s how I read it...

Thanks guys I’ll have see if I can get some measurements and match them up to my car
I figure if length and width is the same and then hinges are in same location
Then see if latch and lock location match
I will take the risk and buy it

Thanks Sgt.Fury
It’s not rust free but it’s pretty good start . There’s one for sale in Carlisle pa but he won’t ship
I’ve been reading a bunch of your stuff I figured you would be some one that would have the answers
Thank you so much

Back