64 880 Windshield Gasket

Ken Summers

Reaction score
Hi Folks! My name is Ken and I recently purchased a 64 880 2 door hard top. I have found a reproduction windshield for it through Obsolete Auto Glass, but I'm having trouble finding the rubber windshield gasket. Anyone have any ideas as to who supplies these? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
20200507_115249.jpg
I really love this website and have already gained very valuable information for my restoration project.

Re use your original gasket. It very easy on the glass that go around the corner like that car does.

Oh, ok. I've never removed a windshield without cutting out the old gasket first, but could try getting it out without damaging the gasket....thanks!

Be brave! LOL. You have to unlock the lock strip and glass comes out. It’s no harder than the butchery method on this car. Leave the knife in the drawer.

I removed one from a parts car and it came out real quickly. Same with 1962 b-body rear windows, easy.

NICE!!!!!!! I was looking for a new front windshield gasket for a 61 Plymouth. What I found was that there is a repop. However they are not recommended. The feedback is that they are a poor fit and need modification to work. To reuse the original seems to be the best option. I have pulled many windshields before by cutting the rubber. I believe most 60-64 Chrysler,dodge Plymouth front windshield gaskets are the same . I will post a pic of unlocking of the gasket.
Another tip somebody gave me was to use hand cleaner on rubber to remove decades of build up. Then to put it in a trash bag with lots hand cleaner and let it sit for days. Something in the hand cleaner will bring back the softness of the old rubber.

... Another tip somebody gave me was to use hand cleaner on rubber to remove decades of build up. Then to put it in a trash bag with lots hand cleaner and let it sit for days. Something in the hand cleaner will bring back the softness of the old rubber.
I believe that you are referring to lanolin based hand cleaners. No pumice type.
I believe that lanolin reconditions the rubber, much like skin moisturizers...

All 60-64 Chrysler, 60-61 Desoto, 60-64 full size Dodge and 60-61 Plymouths use the same windshield gasket. Find a parts car with a cracked windshield, push it out and reuse the rubber.

I'd try our "Newish Member" that bought Gary Gowers Inventory and the Rights to Produce Hiz Stuff. Gary got into some of the Mid-Late '60s rubber stuff I know for a fact, Jer

Back