NOT MINE 65 300 L 4 Speed In NM

azblackhemi

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
1965 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

A little rough around the edges, but geez.... A 300L with 4 speed and air. Black too...

:Insert all the excuses why I can't get this car here:

Overall slightly Worse than my Mobile Director. I feel like I know exactly what you will need to restore this car…rustfree donor parts from other cars but it’d be so worth it!
I agree, just like your MD Imperial a lot of work needed but well worth it in the end.

This car was listed on EBay earlier in the year in Salt Lake City UT. Looks like the owner is flipping it. I almost had a deal on the car but someone hit the Buy-It-Now and I missed on it. Looking at the rust, looks like a Dodged a Bullet.

Black with this shade of red interior (and LEATHER, at that) is a striking combination. (black with plain red is cool, but this shade of red makes me drool)

That driver seat looks like a little more than 33k miles, though. Looks like more deterioration than just the expected leather cracks.
Esp the part near the driver's left shoulder that is (conveniently?) not in the picture.

And what are the pokies on the doorpanel? That's not a location of the attaching clips to be popping out, as the armrest fastening is what keeps the center of the doorpanel secure.
Pokies around the edge are pretty common. These look like they are in a symmetrical pattern, too.

1673487998835.png

Last edited:
Also...doubt there would be a hole in the carpet if it was a low mile car. Woodgrain console top for the wood vs machined debate.

Oh if I had the money? Back in the summer of '65 (in prehistoric times) I had a friend that move cars around for the local Chrysler dealer. He was tagged to drive a car from a Chicago suburb to a dealer in Iowa. Being 18 and reared in a Chrysler family I jumped at the opportunity to be his co-pilot The car was a 300-L, black over black with a white leather interior. The options if i can remember correctly, were power windows, dual power seats, locks, vents, AM/FM with reverb, tinted glass, A/C, Power antenna (in the rear), a factory 4 speed, 3:23 Sure grip, and HD suspension. The sticker was on the window and it was over $6,000.00. i never thought much of the single four barrel HP 413. Was I wrong. As a High Performance cruiser it was tops.

Oh if I had the money? Back in the summer of '65 (in prehistoric times) I had a friend that move cars around for the local Chrysler dealer. He was tagged to drive a car from a Chicago suburb to a dealer in Iowa. Being 18 and reared in a Chrysler family I jumped at the opportunity to be his co-pilot The car was a 300-L, black over black with a white leather interior. The options if i can remember correctly, were power windows, dual power seats, locks, vents, AM/FM with reverb, tinted glass, A/C, Power antenna (in the rear), a factory 4 speed, 3:23 Sure grip, and HD suspension. The sticker was on the window and it was over $6,000.00. i never thought much of the single four barrel HP 413. Was I wrong. As a High Performance cruiser it was tops.
A 4-speed makes all the difference!

And with those options that was a heavy Slab.
From my recent experience picking up/moving L front buckets, power vs non, that power seat mechanism alone adds ~30 lbs, and that car had 2 of them.

Back