65 300 L

Reaction score
IMG_6639.JPG
After a long winter, some health problems and some other obligations I'm able to get back to work on getting the car on the road. I cleaned the engine compartment a little and removed the valve covers to replace the gaskets. This is what I found.when I removed the valve cover. Any thoughts? I'm saying they are high performance springs of some kind.

Exhaust and intake valve springs are different colors. Is the other side the same way? I have not seen after market springs painted like that.

Exhaust and intake valve springs are different colors. Is the other side the same way? I have not seen after market springs painted like that.
The other side is the same. They are probably high performance. I was wondering if anyone has any information on colored valve springs.

I believe the red ones are Magnum springs 383/440 hp
I believe the green ones are street Hemi springs little heavier than the Magnum springs.

Are you worried about them in some way? How long have you owned the car, and have they always done their job?

Are you worried about them in some way? How long have you owned the car, and have they always done their job?
I have not owned the car long and haven't got it on the road yet. In fact it hasn't been on the road since the summer of 1980. I'm not worried about them, I was just looking for some information on them. I'm curious about what I have. I was told that the car had some kind of engine failure early in it's life and went back to Chrysler to be repaired and I'm wondering if that's when the springs were installed.

Yeah, Sold it to a good guy out in Ohio. He loves it. That's when I brought the 65

I saw your beautiful old car at Carlisle last year. The new owner couldn't have been happier. Good luck on the '65.

IMG_1969.JPG
IMG_1970.JPG

Yes , I still love the above car that I bought from 66300. I just got done converting the radio over, replacing the rear bumper and finally stopping the rear main seal leak. (3rd time's a charm)

You convert the radio to FM ? that is my plan too! How do you remove the radio?

My 300L has the same color springs in the same order,it has its original engine with 53,000 miles.

Back