65 Chrysler 300 project

I like the red but there's alot of it. I was thinking of just changing the rug and seat belts to black. But I'm not sure yet.

I wouldn’t. The designers knew what they were doing back then and it screams the era. At the end of the day, it’s your car and money so you can restore it how you’d like but I think the popular opinion is to keep it original.

As a kid all I wanted to do was work on old car with my dad. my dad and I are mechanic's. Now that my dad has passed away I will finish this car the way it should be its going to take me many of years to do it. but right now I'm just trying to find the parts I need.

View attachment 287499

View attachment 287500

View attachment 287501

View attachment 287502

View attachment 287504

View attachment 287505

View attachment 287507

View attachment 287508

View attachment 287509

View attachment 287510
Leiggi, that steering wheel is gorgeous!!!

Pictures of the steering wheel

IMG_20190519_193721524.jpg

IMG_20190519_193704741.jpg

IMG_20190519_193647335.jpg

IMG_20190519_193640447.jpg

IMG_20190519_193629714.jpg

If I can restore the whole thing. But for right now I can only fix what I can afford. I would like to get the outside done first. Buy everything I need first and go from there.

Good plan.

I’m not trying to discourage you but this is a bit of a difficult restoration and a very costly one compared to a Ford or GM counterpart. It took me 4 years and just north of $30K to complete. The lack of reproduction parts really drives up the price of quality used and NOS parts. By comparison, I can open a catalog and buy just about every part for my ‘64 GTO. Just letting you know from someone who’s been there to help open your eyes a bit. I had no idea when I bought mine; I just liked the looks and thought it was a cool car. In hindsight, I may have chosen a different mid ‘60’s convertible to restore. Don’t get me wrong, I love my car and really like that I’m usually the only one at a car show or cruise but there were a lot of bumps along the way. All it takes is time, patience, perseverance and money. I’m looking forward to following your journey.

Good plan.

I’m not trying to discourage you but this is a bit of a difficult restoration and a very costly one compared to a Ford or GM counterpart. It took me 4 years and just north of $30K to complete. The lack of reproduction parts really drives up the price of quality used and NOS parts. By comparison, I can open a catalog and buy just about every part for my ‘64 GTO. Just letting you know from someone who’s been there to help open your eyes a bit. I had no idea when I bought mine; I just liked the looks and thought it was a cool car. In hindsight, I may have chosen a different mid ‘60’s convertible to restore. Don’t get me wrong, I love my car and really like that I’m usually the only one at a car show or cruise but there were a lot of bumps along the way. All it takes is time, patience, perseverance and money. I’m looking forward to following your journey.
I already knew this. I been a mopar man my whole life. I wish I still had my first car 1974 plymouth satellite

I'm in the middle of a 65 300 project right now too. Let me know what parts you need because I harvesting parts from a solid 65 Newport too.

I'm in the middle of a 65 300 project right now too. Let me know what parts you need because I harvesting parts from a solid 65 Newport too.
Do u have the trim I'm missing? Passenger side front. See picture. Driverside door under window see picture. I also may need other stuff but for now this is what I need.

IMG_20190519_144223985_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190519_144210851_HDR.jpg

Back