'65 Fury III - Removing the instrument panel

barsteel

Reaction score
Hello!

As I wrap up the 440 install on my '65 Fury, I wanted to fix some of the other small issues while I had the car apart. One of those things is/are the dash lights. None of the idiot light work, and I'd like to test the speedo before I hook up my new speedo cable, so I have to remove the instrument panel.

Here's the issue - I removed all of the external screws from the instrument panel and dropped the steering column, and the panel will not come out, so there must be some screws that I'm missing.

Where are they? Is the instrument panel screwed/fastened in from the backside? I crawled under the dash, and it seems like there might be two screws at the top of the instrument panel from the backside. I'd like to confirm before I crawl under the dash because, honestly, it's a painful experience.

Thanks...

Chris

The bulbs are accessible from the back, especially if the column is dropped you should be able to get your hand up there. Turn the black knobs 1/4 turn left and pull out. Im not at home or would send a pic of one I have on the bench. Also may just be a connection to the pcb.
If you can test the speedo from the bottom using a drill maybe you can get away without removing the panel.

Back