Instrument panel lights

I suggest testing with an OHM meter before installing. You will need to have continuity between terminals "R" and "I" while rotating the thumbwheel
I rebuild 4-5 of this type per month. You do need to get it apart (the rivets) to get at the corrosion that is between the contact (green corrosion) and the rheostat (spring)

I rebuild 4-5 of this type per month. You do need to get it apart (the rivets) to get at the corrosion that is between the contact (green corrosion) and the rheostat (spring)
Hello @Devinism

About 2 years ago now I had you rebuild a rear power window switch for my 1972 Imperial sedan and it came back looking better than brand new and worked fine again.

I currently am restoring one of my 1970 Chrysler 300s and have the instrument panel out and on a bench to work on it to get everything functioning as new again and update it with some new parts. I too would like my dimmer switch rebuilt by you since you do great work and would just like a reminder of the address to send it to and your charge for the work. Feel free to post your response here or just send me a PM with your response. Thank you very much.

Steve

Hello @Devinism

About 2 years ago now I had you rebuild a rear power window switch for my 1972 Imperial sedan and it came back looking better than brand new and worked fine again.

I currently am restoring one of my 1970 Chrysler 300s and have the instrument panel out and on a bench to work on it to get everything functioning as new again and update it with some new parts. I too would like my dimmer switch rebuilt by you since you do great work and would just like a reminder of the address to send it to and your charge for the work. Feel free to post your response here or just send me a PM with your response. Thank you very much.

Steve
PM sent

Hetes the panel

IMG_9699.jpeg

IMG_9698.jpeg

Hell of a cool looking instrument panel, but I'm MORE COMMITTED TO SLAB SIDED MODELS THAN EVER!

Were any of your interior loghts working ? I have a similar issue with my 75 Imperial . Puddle lights in the doors work but no dash , rear reading lamps etc…
For dash lighting check both sides of fuse #1 for power with the headlights on. If there's no power on either side of the fuse it's likely the headlight switch.

For rear reading lamps, do you have electric door locks, and if so do those work?

For dash lighting check both sides of fuse #1 for power with the headlights on. If there's no power on either side of the fuse it's likely the headlight switch.

For rear reading lamps, do you have electric door locks, and if so do those work?
Nice tips! A shop manual with wiring dagram is also VERY helpful

Nice tips! A shop manual with wiring dagram is also VERY helpful
No power locks … one of the only options not on this car .
The dome light does work however so it may not be the light switch . I have not really delved into diagnosis yet as I have been busy painting and reassembling the trim and lights .

No power locks … one of the only options not on this car .
The dome light does work however so it may not be the light switch . I have not really delved into diagnosis yet as I have been busy painting and reassembling the trim and lights .
Im not sure, but I think the dome lights come on when you open the door. The instrument cluster bulbs com on when you turn on the headlight switch, park or headlights. Usually theres a dimmer for the instrument panel too, and its common that it need replacing or repair.

This seems to be your headlight switch and its has a dimmer for the instrument panel. The dimmer part is round thing with a spring.
New For Chrysler Plymouth Dodge Jeep Pickup Analog Dash Headlight Switch Mounted | eBay

I have not really delved into diagnosis yet as I have been busy painting and reassembling the trim and lights .
Yes I've seen it, paint looks good! If you need help diagnosing down the road let me know, I went through a lot of the same issues with my 1975 imperial so I know somethings about these wiring diagrams

Yes I've seen it, paint looks good! If you need help diagnosing down the road let me know, I went through a lot of the same issues with my 1975 imperial so I know somethings about these wiring diagrams
Thanks , I have a 1976 Service manual which should work but tracing these circuits is often easier said than done.

Back