65 Fury Speedo removal

dammstrate

Reaction score
So, seats are out for new coverings, carpet installed, radio and clock removed for fixin', trying to remove the speedo. Removed screws, unhooked the cable and removed the light bulbs. Unit seems wedged between the top of the dashboard and steering column, no matter what angle I try. Please don't tell me the steering column needs to be dropped to remove the speedo....

What am I missing? Is there some other support bracket like was on the back of the radio?

Thanks!

Sorry, but did you already drop the collum? And I don't mean remove it.

No, didn't drop the column, I am hoping I don't have to do that. Will undoing the two bolts right under the dash provide enough clearance to remove the speedo?

Oh man you just saved my @ss. I was told the windshield needs to come out. NEXT project... speedo swap tomorrow evening. :)

Oh man you just saved my @ss. I was told the windshield needs to come out. NEXT project... speedo swap tomorrow evening. :)
That is if you are going to try to remove the dash. You can not get to the bolts that hold the dash in the mopars with the windshield in the car.

Went out to the workshop and pulled the old one. Grabbed the replacement out of the box, slipped it into the hole and damn... not the same bezel. Ok take it apart and use the insides in my shroud and bezel... NOPE different insides. Now I need to find some micro rivets, drill the old ones out and swap speedo pieces. Hey, anything is better than not having a needle. The speedo on the OG gage is broken good besides the needle. The clock spring is falling out.

Back