65 Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one is not mine but showed up on ABO. Sadly the A Body harpies at it again! It's a crime...

:mumum:. I hate these bozo's. I am sure this site was started by the FABO guys as is the FBBO board but I can't seem to figure out these A,B and E body guys continue to do this. Except maybe their stupid, selfish or both but they are certainly not car guys. A VERY nice Monaco like this one parted for its heart then he wants to sell it and wonder why no offers are given. Put the engine back in and sell the car the way it should be. You mean to tell me there is no other place in the world that an engine could have come from for your puny little project except a low mileaged C body?

Oh I hate these guys!

I'm a B and C body guy. I have to believe guys that remove their big blocks for some A,B,E project just have no respect for our barges. No doubt they've ever driven one for any period of time to enjoy the ride and luxury they offer. I'm especially disappointed when the "donor car" is a 2 door. And one as desireable as a 65 Monaco? I'd love to have one lowered with a stroked 440 or even enjoy it with a stock 383. There has to be a way to try and appeal to these guys to stop it! If you really need a big block and transmission, go to a junk yard and find one that's beyond restoration to serve as your donor! Quit ruining beautiful running, driving examples of some of Ma Mopars best styles for your own selfish needs.

I purchased this car from the guy that posted that ad. It sat inside on dirt, I think, and it wasn't easy on the underside of the car. The frame rails look solid as does the floor (aside from some serious scaling of the undercoating). The front subframe is blowing out a bit though... I was going to use the interior (which really is incredible) and trim to make a Monaco clone out of my fairly solid 65 Polara. Alas, I've lost interest in the task. I suppose it might be just as easy to swap subframes and use the Polara as a sheet metal donor... but I digress. Anyway, both cars are for sale. I'll post an ad when I get pictures of the Polara... Which could be a while.

PS. The guys Dart actually is pretty nice, but yea, between A,B, & E meatheads and scrap/derby hillbillies there won't be an any of these cars left before too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back