66 Dodge Monaco Conv Original owner

Labradorian

Reaction score
Been a member for a few months now and just getting around to posting in this thread.

66 Dodge monaco Convertible, 383 4bbl.

My Father bought this Monaco new in 66. the car is all original other than adding Power Steering in the 70's. 73000 original Miles. Car has not been restored. It was driven winter and summer for the first 10 years of its life then only summers after that.

I'm now the proud owner along with my 2 brothers, but i'm the one maintaining it. I recently upgraded the ignition to electronic. This is the Canadian monaco with the fury dash.

Cheers

Glen

2013-10-12 18.22.53.jpg

Wow......jaw dropping. Very nice....you've been around for two months now, you know we require photos...lotsa lotsa photos

Wow, that's nice. Welcome to the site. That's a car that makes me appreciate stock.

Very nice! Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Nice! Welcome to the club. I had a '66 Monaco 4door H/t as my first car. I had the twin gauge set up, though.

Love be the color of yours and the fact that it's a family car makes it that much better.

Thanks! My parents used this car in their wedding and so did my uncle. It's been in many weddings. I remember driving on vacations as a kid in it. Lots of family history which makes it priceless to me.

:eek:ccasion14:

Nice! Welcome to the club. I had a '66 Monaco 4door H/t as my first car. I had the twin gauge set up, though.

Love be the color of yours and the fact that it's a family car makes it that much better.

The twin gauge setup is the US version of the monaco. The ones built in Canada had the fury dash and gauges. Honestly I like the twin gauge setup better.

The first Monaco in ever saw was a Canadian version, black with red interior and red accent in the side trim. After I got my Polara it took me a while to learn about the difference between US and Canadian cars. I like the twin pod dash better too.

:sSig_greetingsthor: ............ :welcome:
Beautiful Dodge. I gotta question, Weren't the engines blue in 66.....? Just asking.
OHhhh.... another thing. Flex rad hoses aren't allowed on Mopars.
:poke:

Back