66 fury j code 440 4 speed wagon. numbers matching factory disc brakes and stuff.

Oh, no need for you to post in both places.
The other thread is more for documenting existence of a car, not for ongoing progress, I'd hate to see that thread get cluttered.

If you made a post as a placeholder with 1-2 pictures, and a link to this thread, you could just delete those pics and attach new ones for how your car currently looks, though.

Just looked through this whole thread. Very nice job you are doing to say the least. I noticed in your tear down pics, the car had the single pot master cylinder. Would the factory have used that with front disc brakes? I'm glad you didn't follow through with that scenario. Also, It looks like you still need to shoot some satin black paint on the front of your core support before the grille goes in. Beautiful ride you have there and you can be assured there won't be another like it at any shows you go to. Kudos to ya!

Yes - the disc brake single pot single circuit master had a reservoir extension (as can be seen in his photos) to give the system the required fluid capacity and reserve for disc systems. Fairly rare to see nowadays, and should only be used in a show display alongside a functioning dual circuit dual pot brake system - as it's so much safer in the case of a brake system line failure.

thanks for asking fury 1. will try to post a few recent pics this week . my project has been on hold for the summer.

thanks for asking fury 1. will try to post a few recent pics this week . my project has been on hold for the summer.
Thanks, I really enjoyed your progress on the wagon. Can't wait to see the new progress. I almost bid on your wagon when it was originally listed on ebay as it was only a state away at the time. I really like your car and the work you have done.

Back