66 fury j code 440 4 speed wagon. numbers matching factory disc brakes and stuff.

yup theres a reason the disc brake MC is different. and +1 you need to change it. its $14 bucks at oreallys,, no big deal. spray bomb it black before you bench bleed it.

try not to die -

- saylor

thanks for the input on the master. it does have a large and smaller reservoir. john stuart a well known power brake rebuilding company in ontario supplied the master and prop. valve and a piping schematic when they rebuilt my booster and calipers. the master part # is mcd 161323n I will call them after the holidays to confirm it is correct. merry Christmas guys

hi guys. time flies by. its been just over a year since I posted any more progress pics of my wagon. haven't done much but that is changing right now. I retired a couple weeks ago and have plenty of time on my hands. I tore apart my heater box and rebuilt it. repaired my broken dash vents. ends were broken off so I used some plastic off an oil jug that was the same thickness cut them to shape and used a heat gun to shape them around a clamp that was the perfect size and shape. cut them to the size I needed and epoxied them in place. just thought I would share this in case some other member had same issue. also a couple more pics of front end assembly.

100_0866.jpg

100_0868-1.jpg

100_0869.jpg

100_0870.jpg

100_0872-2.jpg

100_0875.jpg

100_0871-1.jpg

100_0877.jpg

100_0879.jpg

100_0880.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your progress in your new free time. Nice work we must be creative, so many times in our restoration, thanks for sharing

Congrats on the retirement, now that work wont get in the way you can get some work done and entertain us in the process.:D

Wow good idea for the vents! Also congrats on retirement, bet it feels good to be your own boss!

Phenomenal to see this come together - keep up the great work!

I don't know how I missed this thread. Awesome job on a truly deserving super rare car.

I saw this on line in Utah about 10 years ago and wondrerd where it got to. I've got some pics stored away somewhere. I'm thrilled that it went to a good home and that it's being properly restored. Keep all the stock bits you've changed out for safety or improvement so that the next custodian can return it to total stock if they wish.

According to all my research (being the owner of a genuine factory 66 Monaco 440 4 speed) is that the 4 speed was technically not available in a wagon. But... if you knew what you wanted, very often one could get the dealer to make special orders and many times the cars were built. Read the story on how mine came into being (originally ordered as a 426 hemi car). I would assume your wagon is a true one of one.

My car is also all apart for a proper restoration. I don't live all that far from you - hopefully we can compare notes on our cars side by side one day.

Fabulous work you're doing!!

thanks for the kind words Ross. I have left it alone for a bit working on some other stuff. with nice weather coming I am going to enjoy some other cars I have and get back on the wagon in the fall. are you going to the Lindsay flea market may 3 and 4th? maybe we can hook up for a beer or two. I am keeping all the original pieces right down to the original brake shoes and pads lol. I am pretty sure you bought some wagon quarter window seals from me. hope they work out for you as a fix until someone starts making ones identical to factory. cheers Paul

Hi Paul,

I won't be at the flea market unfortunately, but I'm actually going to be in Lindsay doing a music gig for IG Wealth Management on May 7th at Celebrations Centre. Maybe we can have a quick lunch before I go to set up...

Back