66 Fury rear window gasket

hotskins

Reaction score
I have a 66 Fury 4 door sedan. I need a rear window gasket. I have tried ever where. Does anyone know of a place to get one. Steel Rubber, Restoration Specialties, and just about everwhere else doesn't have one. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

The windshield I can find, I can also find the rear window for the hardtop. But the one I need eludes me.

The windshield I can find, I can also find the rear window for the hardtop. But the one I need eludes me.

To make mattters worse, the 2 dr sdn and 4 dr sdn seals even are different.
BOTTOM LINE: If you have a slab sedan you are SOOL.

Well Steele Rubber needed a 'guinea pig' to test out a new rear window gasket for the 66 fury 4 door sedan and my car got picked:yaayy:

here are a couple of pics of the install.

cracked_glass.jpg

gasket_on_glass.jpg

glass_installed.jpg

Well Steele Rubber needed a 'guinea pig' to test out a new rear window gasket for the 66 fury 4 door sedan and my car got picked:yaayy:

here are a couple of pics of the install.

Congratulations.How did it hold up in the rain?

Next time you talk to them, let them know that I'll volunteer to test roof rail seals on formal c-bodies when and if they manufacture them.

That's great news. We're finally getting these guys to realize there's more than Roadrunners and Barracuda out there....

What is the white shmoots? A soap of sorts I assume, but...?

Last edited:
1978 NYB I already asked if they have anything else I would be more than happy to help, or if there was any other part for the c-bodies I could get them a car to test it on. And there were no leaks even in the heavy rain we had shortly after the install.

has2Bmopar - The white stuff was I spray lubricant to help install the gasket on the window. I took the picture before we wiped it off. I didn't look at the can to see what kind it was.

commando1 - I think that as the c-bodies become more popular there will be more parts made and available to all of us. We have to start somewhere.

C-Body stuff must be getting close...they have already made kits for Dodge Vans and everything else...not much left to manufacture except for C-Bodies.

Steele had almost everything for the '67-'68 Chryslers about 4-5 years ago, when I did the '67 New Yorker and I was happy with the quality and price of all of it.

The PPG windshield however at that time was $768 priced to the body shop. I have heard they are about half of that price now.

Last edited:
Back