66 Fury1 Project

Not to worry - I'll use you for my Fusie Polara go-to guy until a smarter one comes along.........

Don't know if that's a pic of the manual or power brake setup but it makes no difference when we're talking about the clutch pedal anyway. Worry about the correct pedals if and when you ever get around to PDB. If you're going to be messing with pedals, now's the time to do the PB conversion. Not later. You're already going to be going through hell with the pedals now anyway.... My two cents? I had the stock /6 manual drum brakes in my 440 Fury and it hauled it down as good as DB when it's totally rebuilt like new.

Things would be a whole lot simpler if you used the manual clutch though. Damn near bolt in.
Why are you going hydraulic?

Was hoping to not have to mess with pedals which was my reasoning for staying with drums. Your comment about stopping the 440 on them makes me feel better especially with a manual tranny, sides I have 3" drums in my other fury that I can use. The Hydr TO bearing was an impulse decision without alot of thought, but now that it's here I will try and make it work.

Looks like a McLeod throw out and Wilwood master cyl..... Good stuff.
Good shim stack up will keep the release point near the top so measure well. Also wise to gravity bench bleed the bearing, it will save some time and hassel once installed. I would recommend DOT 5 fluid in the system.

Looks like a McLeod throw out and Wilwood master cyl..... Good stuff.
Good shim stack up will keep the release point near the top so measure well. Also wise to gravity bench bleed the bearing, it will save some time and hassel once installed. I would recommend DOT 5 fluid in the system.

The shim stack up. I was going to warn him about that. McLeod makes no mention of that and without that the whole effort is worthless.
Also was going to mention drilling and tapping for set screws and a flat on the input shaft for the set screws.

< Sent from my tablet >

Back