'66 Imperial Door Panel Removal

Mick

Reaction score
The folks on this forum have been great to me and Bess already, but I gotta go to the well again: Anybody know how in the hell to pull off the door panels? I have already unscrewed and popped off everything under creation, and all that remains is the aircraft style door handle. I THINK the panel will need to slide straight back off the rod that the handle wraps around, but I don't how to do that without possibly damaging the door.
Any ideas?

The folks on this forum have been great to me and Bess already, but I gotta go to the well again: Anybody know how in the hell to pull off the door panels? I have already unscrewed and popped off everything under creation, and all that remains is the aircraft style door handle. I THINK the panel will need to slide straight back off the rod that the handle wraps around, but I don't how to do that without possibly damaging the door.
Any ideas?
Okay, solved it. Just in case someone else runs into this, there is a secret screw hidden by the fancy brush-type lining that surrounds the shaft of the handle. You can see it here.
$_14.JPG

Back