66 Monaco turn signals and wiper washer motor

66MonacoWagon

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm new here, and new to my Monaco, which just arrived today. There are 2 electrical issues I see right off -
1. Wiper washer doesn't work.
2. Front turn signals are dead.

I'm guessing the wiper motor is shot. The signals have me a little stumped. The column switch seems to be working, as it engages the rear lights (but obviously doesn't flash). I checked the bulbs and they look good. In general there is no corrosion.

Is there one fuse that controls both of these? Is there a wire connection in the front I should check first?

Thanks much,
Joe

IMG_1379.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG

Check the grounds for the lights also.

You say the bulbs "looked good". Did you check them electrically or just visually?

Only visually. I don't have a tester.
While you might be able to see the filament, that doesn't mean the bulb is good.

You can check it with a piece of wire from the negative post of your car battery to the outside of the bulb. Touch the center conductor of the bulb to the positive side and see if it lights.

But seriously... Buy a cheap digital multi meter. Less than $10 spent will give you a lot of ways to check problems.

On the list of needed tools! I'll add it to the steering wheel puller to check the switch...

Even better. Is there a recommended parts book, dodge manual, etc. that I should look into getting for my library?

Back