66 Monaco wagon wheel options

66MonacoWagon

Reaction score
Wow, what a beautiful car you're buying!!

Stock wheel for wagons would have been a 14" x 5.5" wheel if equipped with drum brakes.

If equipped with Budd Disc brakes, I think the car would have come with 15" x 6" wheels.

Back spacing in both situations are 4.5" I believe.

I see your car does not have 15" wheels on it, as it's got the lovely 66 Monaco/Charger spinner hubcaps - the prettiest 14" hubcap for 66 in my opinion and are correct for your car.

A disc brake upgrade using a dual reservoir master cylinder is an easy and very worthwhile safety upgrade, but you will require 15" wheels and hubcaps. It's something that is well documented here, and I can help you with if you wish. I've done it to both my 66 Monaco and my 66 Chrysler wagon.

The 66 disc brake hubcap is a lovely one - and I also like 15" Magnums as seen in the opening photo for your car. Please, while it's your car and you can do what you wish, DON'T put the Barracude ralleys on it, they just don't look as good in my opinion.

Nice looking car, I would go back to the magnum 500's. 15" and the 4.5" back space like Ross said.

I was thinking at one time to having a set of 15s wheel covers to look stock on my '66 300, since I have discs on mine now and 14s would no longer fit.

They were the same for all Chrysler with disc brakes.

s-l400.jpg

Here is one for you Ross or anyone else. Have you ever seen those wheel covers on a '66 300? I have seen them on a New Yorker and a wagon, but never a 300 and where they an available option on a Newport?

Zymurgy, if you are referring to the disc brake cover they were only issued on disc brake c body cars in 66. Dodges, Plymouths, Chryslers incl 300 Newps and NYrs. They were around for later years too (67, 68) but by then there were other 15" wheel cover options.

The spinner 14 " cap is a Dodge only item - Monacos (don't think they were offered on Polaras) and Chargers. There was a non spinner version as well.

Last edited:
The spinner 14 " cap is a Dodge only item - Monacos (don't think they were offered on Polaras) and Chargers. There was a non spinner version as well.

The Spinner wheel covers were standard on the 66 Charger, 66 Monaco 500, and 66 Polara 500. They were optional on Monacos. Not sure about availability on non-500 Polaras. The non spinner versions were used on the 67 Charger, 67 Monaco 500, and 67 Polara 500 and were optional on other C body 67 Dodges.

Zymurgy, if you are referring to the disc brake cover they were only issued on disc brake c body cars in 66. Dodges, Plymouths, Chryslers incl 300 Newps and NYrs. They were around for later years too (67, 68) but by then there were other 15" wheel cover options.

The Chrysler 300 came with optional 14" spinner caps. I have them, I need the offset wheels

So I finally got my car today. The tires seem to have some good life in them, so for now I'm going to upgrade my hubcaps to the Charger wheel covers. Mine appear to be the spinners from a 64. I know I can find the charger covers on eBay...unless anyone has some here that they want to sell.

IMG_5070.jpeg

I have a very nice set actually, taken off a 66 Monaco 4 door with only 15,000 miles that was totalled and I bought for parts.

They are not perfect but are excellent near show quality.

I'll dig them out of storage, send you some photos and we can discuss.

Well, thanks to all. I managed to piece together 2 very cheap sets I found into one good set. Really makes a difference!

IMG_1410.JPG

IMG_1408.JPG

IMG_1406.JPG

No, I was just trying to illustrate the before and after. It really does read as more of a rim than a wheel cover (in my opinion).

Agreed - presuming you're going with the front wheel's covers! They really are a superb cover. I wish they were 15"s - they'd be on my Monaco.

So... I will assume I am free to eBay those covers of mine?

Back