66 newport and T & C bumper guards

1966 t and c

Reaction score
Just find this site. I am looking to add front and rear bumper guards to my 66 T&C wagon. wondering if anyone could share a close up of the guards on a T&C (front and back) or Newport (front) so I can get a better look at how and where they mount? thanks

This is all I can do at the moment - hope it helps.

66 T&C Wagon.jpg
rear end.jpg

Thanks Ross, i bought a set from Murray B Park, a NOS Mopar site. There really nice, the profile matches the bumper profile perfectly but there is no way they will clear the tailgate when lowered. They also appear to be to wide to fit on each side of the bumber to the outside of the tail gait. They do match the bumper profile, so not sure what I am missing here. Any ideas?

steps.jpg

The Murry B Park site does not list a part number, they list them as (1965-66 Chrysler, Dodge C-Body, and Plymouth Fury wagon pair of rear bumper guards with cushions, NOS). they are a step so would a sedan or hardtop have had a bumper guard with a step?. All the photos I could find of 66 T&C have the style like the ones in your photo so I dont know what these would be for but I dont see how they will possibly work. In order to clear the tailgate they would have to slide so far over that they hit the part of the bumper that starts to curve upwards. Its a shame, really like the looks of these.

here is another view of them, really nice step. What else could they possibly be for since they match the bumper profile so well? Any idea what else had that bumper profile?

step 2.jpg

Back