66 Polara 500

Reaction score
After a few years away from C-bodies, today is the day I come home

Picked up this 66 Polara 500 today and I am very excited about it.

I was looking for a 383 for my 'Cuda and a friend told me about this car. So I went thinking I would find a beat up 4 door or some kind of junk with a 383. When I saw it, I wanted the whole car to love and cherish. This car is way too nice and cool to cut up.

So I cleared a barn slot for her which I will place sometime soon and take her in like a child :usflag:

CIMG0101.JPG

CIMG0102.JPG

CIMG0103.JPG

CIMG0107.JPG

Attachments

• CIMG0112.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 198
Awesome. My Favorite year of the C Body Polara. Give her all the love you got!

It's hard to keep track of all her A-Bodys. And mopars in general.

HA, well I might have more cars than I need, but I always say to anyone ...pick them up while you can. A stack of hundred dollar bills isn't what it was even ten years ago. Given the choice between a stack of hundred dollar bills or a classic car...I will take the car because the way this country is headed, when the dollar fails, I would rather have something tangible and of some kind of value than green toilet paper.

So I pick them up when I can.....this car cost me 6 bills so I figured....why not

didn't say you had more than you need. was just going for an estimate. if you didn't live clean across the country i'd be there checking 'em out.

What plans do you have for it?

plans.....not really anything specific right now. I have a few other projects but now was the time to buy this car. The seller is in rapidly declining health and was looking to dump it now. Had I not moved now, who knows where it could have ended up.

sometimes you just have make a spur of the moment move on certain cars or forget about them.
I really would like to finish my current project first which is a 71 demon

in my own dream land, I can see this car painted in a very nice color that is anything but dark blue and with a nice 440.

The 383 may still end up going to a 'Cuda but not before replaced with running engine.

I was noticing the door panels came out of a fury 3 ......the fury 3 door panel emblems are there.

No doubt someone is probably searching high and low for fury 3 door panel emblems and I might need some that say polara .....maybe??

These cars are huge puzzles and the missing piece is always the treasure hunt.

I love it

Nice score Rani! You should send me the interior!

So you are a barracuda and a 66 polara person
Sounds like we have similar collections.

Glad to know I am not the only one with dodge fever where the beat goes on.

These cars are huge puzzles and the missing piece is always the treasure hunt.

I love it

I've been "hunting" parts for my Polara for over 10 years, and it doesn't get any easier. Most around me for scrapped or derbied, and the ones that didn't they want a mint for.

So you are a barracuda and a 66 polara person
Sounds like we have similar collections.

Glad to know I am not the only one with dodge fever where the beat goes on.
It's actually Dart and Polara. I'd take a barracuda though! Got my Dart going on 18 years ago and will never get rid of it. Now to just get it on the road!

My Polara I rescued from the guy who bought it from my roommates, and fell in love with it. Got tattoos of both on me some can't ever get rid of them!

Fever? Yeah, I'm inflicted.

Back