'67 300 440 engine issues

Well i think I have found the reason the idle speed may have been turned up so far.....the car bounces as it lopes. Kinda comical just sitting there and bouncing away in the seat as it idles at red lights. Puts a smile on my face...

Well i think I have found the reason the idle speed may have been turned up so far.....the car bounces as it lopes. Kinda comical just sitting there and bouncing away in the seat as it idles at red lights. Puts a smile on my face...

So is your problem solved??

is this a stock engine or do you have a radical cam in it? if not and your timing is indeed correct, i would do a compression check next. you may have bent push rods or sticking valves. the high idle speed was masking something.

I do not know if this engine is stock or not. I am going to assume it is not as it has an aftermarket radiator, carb and valve covers..... but I do not know for sure

I just read the ‘68 Chrysler “Master Technicians Service Conference on carburetors and Engine Performance Diagnosis. A very good read prior to getting ready to start my car. Dieseling was one of the topics.
To me it seems like it covers many of the topics discussed here with poor running engines.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I bought the CD version on line about 8-10 years ago? 1968 master technician. Not sure if they are still around, but this is where I ordered it from. Table of contents below as well.
upload_2019-3-14_13-32-51.png

upload_2019-3-14_13-29-10.png

upload_2019-3-14_13-31-44.png

Back