67 300 Vert- Fan Questions

Cortez

Reaction score
Okay so I have 67 300 with a 440 stock, I am missing the fan shroud and according to the previous owner it never had one. I was considering an aluminum flex-a-lite fan. Is this a good option or am I better off painting stock fan with clutch, also do I need to hunt a fan shroud or can I use the aluminum universal from jegs or simply do without. Thanks Guys

Does your car have a 26 inch radiator? I would suggest sticking with original parts.

Having seen a brand new flex fan explode and go through a steel hood, I always advise against them. If that wasn't enough to convince me, another incident where a local guy was killed while timing his car by an exploding flex fan made sure.

If the car has A/C and the 26" wide radiator, find a stock shroud and use the stock fan with a new clutch.

Just happened to see this today on the book of faces.

55901942_2768420856531332_4215340689686265856_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

55793544_2768420886531329_4995565500944613376_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 66 Sport Fury and 68 Newport both convertibles. Both have factory fan shrouds. Check with Murray Park (1-419-448-0293) or Wildcat (1-503-668-7786) Auto Wreckers that specialize in Chrysler products. Just a suggestion to help find needed parts. Also, you may want a factory 5 or 7 bladed heavy duty fan, like from a Police car. Good luck

At an idle, a stock fan with a shroud will solidly pull air through the radiator. That flex fan without a shroud will not pull a fraction of the air. It shouldn't be that hard to find a stock fan and shroud; definitely skip the flex fan. And if the car has A/C, all the more reason to go with the stock setup - at idle instead of making cold air, the car will just overheat on a warm day.

I have a 66 Sport Fury and 68 Newport both convertibles. Both have factory fan shrouds. Check with Murray Park (1-419-448-0293) or Wildcat (1-503-668-7786) Auto Wreckers that specialize in Chrysler products. Just a suggestion to help find needed parts. Also, you may want a factory 5 or 7 bladed heavy duty fan, like from a Police car. Good luck
I put a call into Murry's and low and behold my model did not come with a fan shroud stock!!! That solves that issue!

Uh yeah I am sticking with stock fan!!!!

I installed an aluminum Mopar with clutch fan a few years ago and have been very happy.

In fact I was told that it is the same style as the Hemi fans used back in 69 so i'm figuring this is the most valuable part on my Polara!:lol:

I installed an aluminum Mopar with clutch fan a few years ago and have been very happy.

In fact I was told that it is the same style as the Hemi fans used back in 69 so i'm figuring this is the most valuable part on my Polara!:lol:
Now where ever did you find one of those??????

Now where ever did you find one of those??????

I got lucky a few years back when a local Mopar collector had a weak moment and offered it to me for a song.

I have another one from a 73 Newport 400BB with Factory A/C (don’t quote me on this but I had heard that the Chrysler with Factory AC got the hemi aluminum fans and clutch hub)
My spare is a bit bent from having an unplanned meeting with a radiator when the clutch fan hub failed :rolleyes:
I think it’s repairable but haven’t tried to do anything with it
I did replace the hub right away

Last edited:
well i have the stock fan and clutch and it is very low miles maybe a coat of paint and rock out..

well i have the stock fan and clutch and it is very low miles maybe a coat of paint and rock out..
Sounds like a good place to start.

Make sure the hub is leaking any fluid.
If it is then go to AZ or Napa and get yourself a replacement.
I've seen videos on rebuilding them but it is really not worth the effort for the $30-40 for a new one.

Dante's Mopar Parts

I haven't ordered from this company, but they look to have the shroud you're looking for, and other C Body parts.

Back