For Sale 67 Chrysler Imperial 2 Door Hardtop 440 4BBL 86,000 Miles - $7950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch, that thing was beat but it had power vents!:thumbsup:

Going through all six pages to find no happy ending. Sheesh.

Ouch, that thing was beat but it had power vents!:thumbsup:

The result of 240K hard miles. I bought it out of Trenton, NJ back in 1995. I think I paid $250 for it, and originally only planned on it being a parts car. It didn't look any better when I got it, other than the vinyl roof still being in tact. Somewhere along the line, I got the idea to restore it, and bought quite a few parts to do the job, but eventually reality set in and it went back to parts car status. That decision was prompted by having to store it outside after after buying something that needed to be kept indoors. My Crown Coupe looks nice up top, but saw a lot of salt and the sub frame is quite crusty. I'll be swapping the subframe that came out of the LeBaron into the Coupe when it gets it's turn in the resto shop.

Considering the miles on your Crown Coupe, it's held up quite well. The previous owners must have been good to it. I think a lot of the work you had to do was caused more by the car sitting and not the miles that are on it. I had to do catch-up on your purchase and restoration thread and I'll be following along closely when the work on the seats gets started.

The gold Crown Coupe went to it's new home today. The pictures are at the previous owner's house when we were ready to leave, and are minimal, as it was a bit brisk in Northern Ohio today. I was dropped off at my house before it's final destination, so no arrival pics available tonight.

The crazy part is how close this car was to where I got my '67 Crown Coupe. My friend lives about 20 miles from me, so they are now further apart than they would have been in Ohio.

IMG_5408.JPG

IMG_5409.JPG

IMG_5410.JPG

Imperial map.JPG

DSC01585.JPG

I figured that picture would get your attention. :D

Unfortunately, I don't have any good digital pics of the car, just regular photos from back when I bought it. My friend is going to want both cars to be together at our local club shows, so I will have to see if I can find the time to get the mechanicals all sorted out so that I can drive it this coming year.

Jeff

I have to spend the day working in the shop, but I'll see if I can scan some photos this evening and put them up.

Jeff

I figured that picture would get your attention. :D

Unfortunately, I don't have any good digital pics of the car, just regular photos from back when I bought it. My friend is going to want both cars to be together at our local club shows, so I will have to see if I can find the time to get the mechanicals all sorted out so that I can drive it this coming year.

Jeff
When you mentioned the car Jeff, I wasn't expecting it to be in such good shape. More like some where between your beater and this car. You must get it running I want to see those 2 next to each other in a show.

The 2 most important, does it have power vents and silver seats. :)

Yes on the power vents, but no on the silver seats. Interior is the much more common black, though it is in excellent condition, which is a real bonus on these cars. Sadly, the car saw a lot of salt, so the inner quarters are rusted and the right outer has been patched.

I figured with the black top that it’d have the black interior. When did you pick it up and from where?

Post up a pic of the fender tag please!

It was advertised in Hemmings back in 1996. My friend who bought the gold one must have alerted me to it, as he had a subscription to Hemmings at the time. I called the seller that night, and two days later I was headed to Ohio with the car trailer. The seller's description sounded good enough to me, and I didn't want to wait for him to send me pictures though the mail. Back then, pre-internet (for me), you rarely saw these come up for sale in the Philadelphia area, so I wasn't taking any chances on loosing out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back