'67 Fury III front brake question

John Reddie

Reaction score
My '67 Fury parts car has front disc brakes that a previous owner installed. They are not the 4 piston type that would have originally come with the car but but single piston taken from a later year Mopar. Can anyone tell me from the picture I attached approximately what year car these came from and also if the upper and lower control arms and ball joints are the same on this as the front drum brakes are? I know that some years had solid rotors and not slotted like these are. Thank you for any info on this.
John

disc brake.jpg

Looks like a 69-73 C Body disc brake setup! Up until 72 they used a smaller bearing though, in 73 they changed to a larger spindle. Before, 73 was the only recommended swap as that was the setup with more readily available rotors. If it really is a 69-73 setup, upper and lower ball joints will be the same.

ID kiey is that these are pin type calipers. "69-'73. Later calipers do not have the mounting pins. When you pull the rotors check the bearing number off of the inner bearing. You can cross reference that across the bearing application chart. That will tell you for sure if the spindles are '69-'72 or '73. '73 is a one year only application for C-Bodies, but the same rotors fit some later 1/2 ton pickups. Both rotor types are available.

Dave

Looks like a 69-73 C Body disc brake setup! Up until 72 they used a smaller bearing though, in 73 they changed to a larger spindle. Before, 73 was the only recommended swap as that was the setup with more readily available rotors. If it really is a 69-73 setup, upper and lower ball joints will be the same.

This man knows his stuff…is correct
69thru early 72 used same bearings as all other mopars
A2 outer and A 6 inner"……the imperial is A3 outer and a5 inner…..same as d200
The calipers will need complete rebuild …none at parts house. We rebuild all time….I have videos on subject
I know of no other that will touch those 245 set

Back