67 Fury III

here are some pics Wire connector 1.jpgWire connector 2.jpg

Wire connector 1.jpg

Wire connector 2.jpg

that is one sweet engine build. can i ask you 1 question though. in my opinion the body should be done first that way the engine bay and underbody can be cleaned up nicely before installation of the drivetrain. also you dont want overspray etc. on that sweet looking motor. just my 2 cents. keep us posted

My intentions are to fix the serious rust but keep the "patina" of the vehicle. Most of the car still has the original paint and the undercoating. I'm not looking for a full concourse resto. Th eengine bay was cleaned and the K-member and rails were painted black but that's about all. I like the old school look and the faded but still present factory stickers.

I finally got the car down on the ground and the throttle linkage, kickdown linkage and shifter linkage adjusted properly. I was able to move back and forth in the driveway with no major issues. Brake rotors have a bit of dust and rust that needs to be knocked off but that will have to wait until the exhaust system is on. Thankfully most of my neighbors have been tolerant of the noise coming from the backyard. I've got an appointment this week to get the exhaust put on and the shop is steering me towards thrush mufflers because he doesn't normally stock Flowmaster. Any thoughts from the group? I wanted to put on the Flowmaster 40 or 44 series for teh sound and flow capabilities. I don't know much about thrush except what I can listen to on Youtube.

Does anyone have any experience with a drop base air cleaner they would recommend? I have a taller intake now and need to find a little more space in the engine bay. Thanks.

Nothing sounds quite like a series 40 flow master. But they can have a serious drone. What is your rear gear ratio? I had them on 2 big block cars charger and t&c wagon. The drone was worst between 3000-3600

So assuming your running around a stock size tire, you should cruise @ 70 around 2600-2700. I never had any type of crossover H or X pipe. If I had it to do over I would choose one of them. Also Cbodies have plenty of room to add resonators out back if your unsatisfied. I love that car and that color!

Last edited:
Back