67 Fury tailgate motor issue

Timmayy

Reaction score
So I sent out the motor and the spare of my wife's Fury wagon tailgate to get rebuilt. I opened up the gear housing that the motor connects to. It's got some stripped teeth issues. I do have a good spare. Is there anyone that rebuilds these? The gears look like brass or something similar.
Fury TG motor1.JPG
Fury TG motor2.JPG
Fury TG motor3.JPG

Power window gear repair. This might help , good luck.
So this link is for 50s Mopar tailgate repair. I sent them my 67 Fury wagon worm gear assembly and they returned it. Said it was too different from the 50s style. Back to square one. Anyone know of a place? I have the electric motor out being rebuilt right now. I need this worm gear done.

Thanks

Power window gear repair. This might help , good luck.

So this link is for 50s Mopar tailgate repair. I sent them my 67 Fury wagon worm gear assembly and they returned it. Said it was too different from the 50s style. Back to square one. Anyone know of a place? I have the electric motor out being rebuilt right now. I need this worm gear done.

Thanks
This isn't making any sense to me. The link was to the 300 club and a replacement part that they sell. No services offered.

It looks like the plastic gear @Dan Scully posted, only done in brass (or bronze).

Topher McGinnis rebuilt the tailgate window motor for my 67 Belvedere wagon.

Back