A new issue with wifey's station wagon.

Timmayy

Reaction score
My wife's wagon is a 67 Fury. The other day the tailgate glass wasn't going up all the way. The motor was grinding and I had to get out and give it a helping hand up. I pulled everything apart and found the gears are all chewed up. I have a spare tailgate so I removed the one from there. It really is a PITA to do. Right now I made wooden blocks to hold up the glass.

My question is, where is a good place (or someone here) that can rebuild the small tailgate motor? Since I have it apart, I'm going to clean and grease everything up. I would like to have the motor done also. It seems sluggish. I figure it wouldn't hurt to have it done while it's all dismantled.

I have a name on the tip of my tongue, but I can't get it out. The same guy that rebuilds the headlight door motors. I am sure his name will come soon.

My question is, where is a good place (or someone here) that can rebuild the small tailgate motor?
It's should be pretty easy to freshen up.

I would think it's just a power window motor, but I can't remember if the changed it before 1967 or after. Here's what I did to repair a window motor in my '70 300.

Power Window Motor Repair

Topher McGuiness (known as the headlight motor man) rebuilt the tailgate window motor for my 67 Belvedere wagon. Topher has also rebuilt a wiper motor for me and a convertible top switch.

Back