67 Monaco brake booster

A4371975-5FED-45C1-8511-CFECA46AE109.jpeg
95CE7AE5-C211-436F-BE99-1F3716121170.jpeg
4B533DB3-F0DB-4377-B28E-C83AAB385AC6.jpeg

So here is the original brake booster from my 67 Monaco. I am sending it out to John Stewart’s today. Quoted me about 250 and reasonably quick turnaround time. Plus shipping of course. I have a feeling this is the best thing to do.

So here is the original brake booster from my 67 Monaco. I am sending it out to John Stewart’s today. Quoted me about 250 and reasonably quick turnaround time. Plus shipping of course. I have a feeling this is the best thing to do.
I had dealt with them just last fall. Good turn around time and fast shipping. Good people to deal with. They do a ton of boosters there.

Yeah I hope so. Just cost me $62 for shipping one way… Yikes!

Yeah I hope so. Just cost me $62 for shipping one way… Yikes!
Not knowing you were going to use John Stuart beforehand ,but here is a tip..
The shipping can be cheaper if you ask them who they use and get their shipper's account # or code to pick up or you drop it off at the shippers location.
You still pay of course just cheaper.

When my part was shipped back to me the cost of shipping was cheaper since they deal with Fedex or UPS or whomever on a daily basis and get better rates as a business.
I yelped uncle myself last fall and mentioned to them my cost on shipping which was almost 50 bux CDN Return shipping onusing their account # was 20 bux.
Just an example..

Make sure they fill out a customs form with the dollar value on it for it to cross the border.

So I sent up the vacuum brake booster to John Stewart’s in Canada. He quickly rebuilt it and is sending it back today. I’m keeping my fingers crossed, they have been great to work with so far.

Off topic..are you going to the Mopars in Motion show in May in Farmington?
BTW,I will be there for both days with my cah,LOL!!
33180085_10155874072702400_4521356946317508608_n.jpg

So I got the vacuum booster back on monday and installed it myself. Works!
Been driving the car all week and bringing her back to life. For some reason the pedal doesn't fully return and drags a bit. I have to lift it up with my other foot.

Don't lift up...that can pull the plunger out of the master and cause it to leak into the booster killing it again

Don't lift up...that can pull the plunger out of the master and cause it to leak into the booster killing it again

Refer to the FSM and check the travel rod adjustment. After the booster is rebuilt, the internal components have all changed and the travel rod will need to be set up for the booster to operate properly.

Dave

So it turns out the booster from parts car is bad. No surprise. The parts car was sitting outside for 30 years. Got the full story from mechanic and turns out he never put on the new master cylinder. We will put on the new(correct) master on the orig vac booster still in it and hope that may just be the issue. I think the previous owner put on an incorrect replacement master and it failed on a bad way. (I’ll post a picture of front end damage) Hard to believe that the power booster is bad with only 32,000 original miles and always garaged. (Of course I know it’s 53 years young and nothing lasts forever) I’ve owned several c bodies and have never had an issue with a vac booster.. guess I’ve been just real lucky till now.
I had one fail when it was a mere 26 years old let alone 50 some.

Refer to the FSM and check the travel rod adjustment. After the booster is rebuilt, the internal components have all changed and the travel rod will need to be set up for the booster to operate properly.

Dave
thank you, will do. sorry for the delayed response. I guess i'm kinda like my brake pedal......delayed!

Back