67's and 68's

monaco68

Reaction score
How much similarities are there between the 67 and 68 monaco. Lets say seats, door skins, body parts. I'm pretty sure the dash is different.
I might go look at a 67 Monaco if there is interchangability, but if there isn't much the same I won't bother.
Any info would be appreciated.

The two cars share the same body and have mostly cosmetic changes from 67 to 68. The main difference in panel interchangeability is that the 68 had the round side markers. Check allpar.com for comparison pics of interior and different grille and taillights etc.

In the NYer, Newport's and 300's I've been told that the dashes are a bit different to add crash protection in the 68's. The pad comes out closer to the passengers. I don't know if something like this would be true of the Monaco's.

Instrument panel pad does come out more, plus a pad in the middle of the steering wheel, too? On the Chryslers for '68 vs '67.

Allpar has some good articles and pictures on the various generations of Chrysler products. LOTS of neat stuff in there, especially in the "Squads" area.

CBODY67

Thanks for the info, I just might go and check this thing out time permitting. I am mostly interested in the seats and a few other interior things. Still looking for a trunk pan for my 68, but I doubt this one would have a decent one either.

Back