68' Convertible Exterior Pictures of Windshield and surrounding trim?

sprice

Reaction score
Would anybody have pictures of the front windshield support with the top down (best) to see what I am missing or should be looking for? When I sent this car for repaint, I don't think I received all the trim pieces back as they kind of lost they're, well short staff, short story.

Yes. Pillar trim and if there is any across the top of the windshield above the windshield trim. Couldn’t think of the terminology. Watched Elvis Presley “Speedway” movie and his Fury pillar and noticed his windshield trim. Looked like I was missing a bunch.

Would you post a picture of your windshield showing the sections of trim you need to check? Then I will go out to the garage. drop my top and replicate the photos for you on my car.

Looking at what chrome trim I am missing. Windshield I understand however is there any on the pillar towards the door and then across the top windshield support? Also, if you have a convertible, a picture of the front and sides of the top to see how it’s finished. Thank you.

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

Hopefully the pictures are clear enough for you to see that, yes, there are moldings on the A pillar outside of the windshield moldings. The large header molding is in 2 pieces that turns down and overlaps the A pillar molding on both sides. The header molding overlaps at the center, with the passenger side of the molding sitting on top of the drivers side molding. The header molding looks great when the top is down, but as you can see on the last photo, it is barely visible with the top up.

Hopefully the pictures are clear enough for you to see that, yes, there are moldings on the A pillar outside of the windshield moldings. The large header molding is in 2 pieces that turns down and overlaps the A pillar molding on both sides. The header molding overlaps at the center, with the passenger side of the molding sitting on top of the drivers side molding. The header molding looks great when the top is down, but as you can see on the last photo, it is barely visible with the top up.
That's what I need. Thank you.

Back