For Sale '68 Dodge Polara Customized FS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d drive it, I think it’s very visually appealing.

I'm generally not a heavy customisation fan but this one was done with some flair and creativity. Still much prefer the factory look.

Why? Why do they do it?

for-the-dodge.jpg

I like this one. I don't generally like when a car is customized outside its decade (i.e. I hate flipper wheelcovers and lake pipes on 60s cars) and this one is kinda that way, with the fins, chopped top, and paint colors/scheme.

But it flows, definitely was a concept from tip-tail. The fins and trim are well blended, the chop-top flows in, the grille work is cleaner than the original - I don't care for the abbreviated front fender trim but even that is part of the scheme. I just wish it had a little something around the fendertips/grille area, it looks a little heavy vs the rest of the car. A simple pinstripe across the nose, 3/4" in from the edge would do it.

Paint it black and it's reminiscent of Cliff Inman's 300.
upload_2019-7-27_11-33-42.png

And to specify - I like to look at it, but wouldn't want to own it. Too many other things I'd want instead.

Maybe it was built for Herve Villechaize of Fantasy Island, about the right amount of head room.

Dave
He needs a reclining seat that folds back at this point. (RIP Herve, 1943-1993)

I'm sure it's just an illusion, but the roof looks crooked in this view, like it's lower on the passengerside.
upload_2019-7-27_11-42-1.png

Unlike many other customs from back then, this one still lives and looks the same.

full?d=1415905609.jpg

full?d=1415905609.jpg

One of my favorite customs. I don't remember that it was a 300 though, but I may be wrong.
Yeah, I don't remember now either. Now that I think of it, I only remember it being referred to as 'a Chrysler'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back