68 Fury Factory Tach??

Commandough

Reaction score
Quick question, would the factory Tach in a 68 Sport Fury have been mounted on the console if so equipped or would it have been in the gauge cluster? It is a 4 Speed car. I assume console since the car was also optioned with the clock in the dash, but just wanting to be sure before I go looking. Thanks

Quick question, would the factory Tach in a 68 Sport Fury have been mounted on the console if so equipped or would it have been in the gauge cluster? It is a 4 Speed car. I assume console since the car was also optioned with the clock in the dash, but just wanting to be sure before I go looking. Thanks

Console. No in dash option. Had to get the console to get the tach.

And it sat in a housing that attached to the top of the console plate IIRC.

Ouch, those console tachs are crazy expensive! Thanks for the help. FURYGT, I ended up with that grille emblem from a few days ago. You were right on, that looked mint and even though I have 2 that one went to the front of the line for the build. Don't see many of these out there.

Ouch, those console tachs are crazy expensive! Thanks for the help. FURYGT, I ended up with that grille emblem from a few days ago. You were right on, that looked mint and even though I have 2 that one went to the front of the line for the build. Don't see many of these out there.

Glad you got the Sport Fury Grille Emblem as that was a nice one. The console tachs are not cheap because they were used in the '66 - '67 B Body cars. Personally, while they look cool, if I've got my foot to the floor and am shifting the last thing I want to do is look down, away from the road to see the tach. On my street/strip '68 Sport Fury I find that even with a tach mounted on the steering column I have to take my eyes away from the road too much to see where the tach is at.

Yeah, ive always heard the tach down there was troublesome and down right dangerous. I've actually got a SW Greenline Tach I could mount, originally bought it for my 68 GTS but its an automatic so not really a necessity. It has a much bigger dial and illuminates better too. I'd really rather not cut up the top plate anyway.

Another question as I am in full research mode today with it misting and cold here and not much else getting done. 4 door and 2 door quarters interchange? At least from the wheel well back? Thanks

Back