68 Fury w/ 318 engine swap

68furyIII

Reaction score
Hello. Since I've last posted I found out the 318 in the Fury 3 I received had a blown head and its pretty shot.

Looking to do some research on what engines I can look at that will fit in it. It came with a 318 from the factory so I was hoping I'd have a decent amount of engines to choose from.

Thank you!

If the Fury is in good shape what would you like to see in there>?

Do you mean a blown "head gasket". Without the benefit of knowing what else is going on with your 318, a blown or damaged head gasket is not that much of a big deal to replace. Is there collateral damage? More info available..pics maybe? Might not necessarily need to replace the engine.

I really want to figure out what would be the easiest and most cost effective solution. Its a car thats been in my family for decades but has never been running properly. I'd like to not half *** it if this engine has had problems since the 80s/90s and has never been properly cared for.

Having said that, I definitely don't have an unlimited budget. I would say all in for parts, labor, engine, etc I have 2000-3000 to spend. This is just to get the car running then I can tackle the broken gauges, upholstery and other issues after.

Let's see some pics of the old gal! Can you pull the motor and get an autopsy report ? I would be really interested in what your options are in different engines and what can be done to economically to augment the 318's power too. How many miles on the present engine and has it ever been rebuilt before?

Back