For Sale 68 Newport convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm working on it. I've never bought a car long distance like this before but Rich is being patient and helpful with me.

I am pleased to announce that I have bought the car, and on Aug 31st, I'm flying to Albuquerque to drive it back home to Oregon.

I was thinking about photo documenting the ride home. I better buy sunblock. And take a hat!

I was thinking about photo documenting the ride home. I better buy sunblock. And take a hat!

I bet you'll realize you don't need the OD (or hidden hdlts) on this roadtrip. I've driven many a C from Phoenix to Detroit. Do document it!

If it is anything like my trip from ABQ to the coast in mid-September '04 was, you will end up with the top up for a lot of the trip. Without AC, many parts of that trip may be a matter of choosing "bake" (top up) or "broil" (top down) with your oven. I don't think your 68 has the option, but it sure was nice to be able to unzip the rear window on my 69 and get some flow-through ventillation.

That is a good point. As much as I love AZ, it's more loveable in the fall. You'll be in the mountains (cooler) within 45 mins from PHX, but I don't know what the other states will be like.

I feel sorry for Kraut. He was a very knowledgeable and the main reason I stayed on the Drydock as long as I did. Good to know his car is going to a good home.

image.jpeg
Made it to Kingman tonight, ran with the top down for a couple hours until the cloudburst!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back