For Sale 68 Newport convertible

Status
Not open for further replies.

300rag

It's Not Going to Shift Itself
Reaction score
Contact seller
Anyone remember "Krautmaster" on the drydock? It looks like he has his car for sale.

Forums / C-Body Cars For Sale / 68 Newport Convertible - C-Body DryDock

"
You may have noticed that I haven't been on the forum in a LONG time... Well, I have officially gotten old and decrepit and my doctor says it is time for me to let go of all my fun hobbies... I can't work on the car anymore without hurting myself, so sadly, it is time to let her go :

1968 Newport Convertible:

Bucket seats (that need to be reupholstered, sorry, but they are comfy), Nice Grant wood steering wheel (the original wheel comes with the car too, if you like them that huge)

The top is in great shape and has no operating issues, the paint looks good from 10 feet (it was repainted in 1992...)

Magnum 500 rims (15 inch to clear the front disc brakes) with nearly new Kumho Solus KR21 235x75x15 tires.

Front Disc Brakes: I did the conversion properly with the spindles and backing plates from a 1973 Fury, new one piece rotors (with the correct size bearings) new calipers/pads, big dual diaphragm booster off a 74 New Yorker, and the correct master cylinder. It also has an adjustable valve for tinkering with the rear brake bias. New rear drums, shoes, and hardware (2.75" or 3" wide shoes, I forget which, but they are the biggest ones made). The beast stops fast and straight with no skidding, almost as good as a new car with ABS.

383 4bbl: Dual snorkle air cleaner, Comp 268XE cam, double roller timing chain, ported cylinder heads with HUGE valves (2.14" / 1.88"), HI-PO exhaust manifolds, beautiful TTI 2.5" dual exhaust system that sounds heavenly, your choice of Performer RPM intake w/Eddy 750 or MP Performance intake w/ Eddy 650 AVS (you get both--the MP with 650 AVS is on the engine right now). High volume oil pump with deeeeep 8 quart oil pan, Mopar electronic ignition (chrome box) with the good Mallory built fully adjustable distributor. Runs beautifully all day long or until it runs out of gas... and it goes like hell when you want it to!

American Eagle Aluminum Radiator (two rows of 1" tubes), protected by a dirt track racer honeycomb mud shield to keep the bugs out and fins straight. Fancy Milodon aluminum water pump with anti-cavitation plate and a high flow thermostat. Temp never goes above 195F

Transmission oil cooler (thermostatically controlled)

KYB gas Shocks, re -arched rear springs, the front end was completely rebuilt with Moog parts and is tight.

Reasonalbly priced, especially for all the time, money (25K) and love put into her... 1st 10K gets her."

46725_1586300781242_4969689_n_BIG.jpg

46874_1586301061249_5979378_n.jpg

Img_4909.jpg

Very nice car! Have seen a lot worse for more money lately. Hopefully it finds a new home with someone here!

Nice guy, and very knowledgeable car guy. Sad to see he has to let it go. Someone will be getting a mechanically sound Newport, I'm sure. Best of luck to Krautmaster.

Well there it is, one that I don't have to do anything to, and I have the money. Anyone know how to buy a car long distance? I'm serious.

I can't get logged in. Can someone let him know he has a fish on the line?????

If I had known it would be that easy, I would have bought it this morning and flipped it :D:D

This one is only missing a Gear Vendors O/D unit and hideaway headlights to make it 100% perfect for me.

Man that looks like a great car for a very nice price

what, if anyone knows, is his rationale for this? Sure it has a logical reason like "he is a pilot and needle pointing right is normal operating position in a plane" or something.

upload_2016-7-18_17-12-21.png

Makes them a lot easier to see when you glance down. A lot of people used to also turn their tach so the needle is at 12:00 at redline or their preferred RPM.

I've seen that a lot just never this particular slant where "good" is pointing right

I've seen that a lot just never this particular slant where "good" is pointing right

Well if they were measuring in the bad zone they would be pointing straight down....kinda thumbs down approach
:lol::thumbsup:

He's going to get me some more pics this weekend. Then I need to figure out how to pay him, and then about having it shipped here. I don't have time to make a trip to NM from Oregon right now.

You may have noticed that I haven't been on the forum in a LONG time... Well, I have officially gotten old and decrepit and my doctor says it is time for me to let go of all my fun hobbies... I can't work on the car anymore without hurting myself, so sadly, it is time to let her go :

This is the telling paragraph here...

By the way, if you get the car Carman, well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back