68 Newport fast top woodgrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an unusual Newport. Another western car in gret condition.

The body color is what makes this unique to me.........with the woodgrain

there was a '68 and a '69 newport conv woodgrain @ carlisle.......both were overpriced, the '68 is still for sale. it's out near phila somewhere.

Last edited:
no, i deleted them last month........'68 was yellow, there is one like it for sale in new england right on on cl, the '69 was red/woodgrain and blk interior......i have never seen another one like that car. the red one was on a rollback sitting outside of Gate 1.

here's the cl ad for the '68:
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/3212170542.html

Ya, I saw the one on the rollback.

Very unusual in that color, I'm not sure I'd want to see that in my driveway for too long. The vert is a better color combo for the woodgrain but that thing sure is rusty for 12.5, I don't care how many they made!

Sportgrain package.

The body color is what makes this unique to me.........with the woodgrain

That is the first green one i've seen. I remember the red convertible that was for sale and have seen gold, yellow and even owned a white one. No real value in them, maybe just to odd for most tastes.
I started to restore mine but figured out that with body and paint + new wood grain I would be upside down in it. Ended up traiding before completeing it. Nice cars though.

NewportPostcard (Small).jpg

left side stripped (Small).JPG

Last edited:
I think the body design is perfect for the woodgrain. I liked them when they were new and still like them now.

Very unusual in that color, I'm not sure I'd want to see that in my driveway for too long. The vert is a better color combo for the woodgrain but that thing sure is rusty for 12.5, I don't care how many they made!

yeah well, that 'vert looks even worse in person.........a basic driver, priced way high as he thinks the woodgrain makes it very desireable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back