68 Polara restore back on

The width looks right on. Look like they are made to hook up with the weld studs. A little shorter but that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks I will PM you

As long as they hold tight and don't fly off at 80. I am good.

Big Thanks to Polara_500 for sending me some clips to try. Unfortunately I see that the trim edges are offset so the leg length of the trim going down the side of the car is longer than the top leg. The width is correct but the original clip has a much deeper offset. The trim would try to ride higher than designed and put the trim at an angle. This was difficult to judge until I put both clips in the trim. Original is closest to the camera and on the right. Thanks again to Mike
IMG_5293.JPG
IMG_5294.JPG

Progress is happening. I got an invoice for last month. Love hate relationship. Love that progress is happening, hate getting the bills.
Here is a door, fender, hood, and deck lid getting blocked
DSCF8443.JPG
DSCF8450.JPG
DSCF8446.JPG
DSCF8453.JPG

Some parts starting to see color. Seam sealer in. Hinges, upper tie bar, jam doors, deck-lid and hood. Waiting on some pics

New shoes but no clothes!

Next week the body comes off the rotisserie and re-united the running gear. Old tires didn't do a very good job of holding air and had different sizes of tires. I wanted to give them half a chance when lining up the fenders and gaps.
image.jpg

I have Optima's on two vehicles, although both much newer and they work very well all year round even though I'm not thinking you'll test them too much in the winter once you finish spending all that coin.... :poke:

Haven't had the chance to run them yet but went with the optima as well. They look a lot sweeter against that freshly painted frame, gotta say!

I have Optima's on two vehicles, although both much newer and they work very well all year round even though I'm not thinking you'll test them too much in the winter once you finish spending all that coin.... :poke:

As much as I am spending I should drive it year around. :p It had never seen salt in it's life, so I will probably keep it that way.
I have been spreading the spending out for the last ten years. I believe it was June 2007 when I went to Colorado to get it out of Dad's place and started tearing it apart.
I spent up front. Took a break for a few years collecting parts off and on, but now It is hitting hard on the wallet again but the end is in sight.

I almost have half a mind to not paint the air cleaner. It reminds me of the way it looked for years. It may be the last thing I touch.
image.jpg

I almost have half a mind to not paint the air cleaner. It reminds me of the way it looked for years. It may be the last thing I touch.
View attachment 124006
You should leave it!!! I love that kind of sh**! It's one of the reasons I'm having a hard time committing to a full restore... then, truthfully, my 67 is a little beyond a "freshen up". But yea, it's was how you remember it. Awesome idea. My Grandfathers tractor (which I restored) still has his SS number engraved on the instrument panel... such a nice touch.

Running gear loaded up. Delivery tomorrow. Body off rotisserie next week. Progress!
IMG_5370.JPG

Back