69 300 vert build sheet

pmschmitt

Reaction score
So I had to get under the back seat to work on the convertible top lines and I ran across what was left of my cars original build sheet. I already know the car has been repainted red from its original color but you guys are the gurus so I thought I'd send it out to see if anybody notices anything different or unique about it. I had to get out my 3 yr olds Elmer's glue to try to salvage this thing. Anyone know of a way to reprint these things?

image.jpg

Nice find!

Anyone know of a way to reprint these things?[/QUOTE]

Specifically, no. Chrysler will be of no help to you with doing that. Lots of guys on here can translate anything on the sheet you don't understand. Basically, if there's a number typed onto the sheet, it means your car should have that option or a version of it. If you also have the fender tag for the car, the few bits of the sheet that are missing you can fill in with info from the plate.

Many of these sheets are year specific, but I would venture a guess that if someone were to go to the time and trouble of making up a new master blank, finding the correct tractor drive paper and figuring out what font the print is on the sheet, one could make themselves a tidy little side business repopping them.

If the issue is reading codes, you might trying searching Galen Govier and try calling his office. I 've used his 1969-71 code book many times. Of course, if there's a better/free resource, other members could point you in the right direction.

Thanks for all your help. As for specific type of paper/ font/ etc. I'm not that concerned about an exact replica My car is a driver not a concourse restoration. I would just like to try to preserve the cars heritage.

Thanks for all your help. As for specific type of paper/ font/ etc. I'm not that concerned about an exact replica My car is a driver not a concourse restoration. I would just like to try to preserve the cars heritage.

I've sent you the build sheet to your eMail! Enjoy it and let us see the finished result!

Back