69-71 chrysler newport

71 Newport Custom

Reaction score
So I have been looking at 69-71 Newport's and really can't find the major differences in body style, can anyone point out the the major differences on them? Grills, bumpers, tail lights...ect.

I do know they made the convertible in 69 and 70 but not 71.
Also, did these years have electric windows, door locks,and seats or just manual?

How about interior differences?

I know lots of Q's but this is just the start fellas, I know about the search feature but I would rather like the interaction from you pro's.
Maybe you could help with any articles/specs of these years.

External differences in Newports & Newport Customs from 69-71 are confined mostly to slight trim variations and the rear end styling/ bumper. Note that in all years 69-71 a Newport Custom taillights are different from the base Newport by the addition of a finned bezel (Customs in pics below). The 69 had a one year only rear style and the 70/ 71 rear style are just tweaks to the same bumper where a scalloped centre piece was added on the 71s. Body panels are interchangeable.

Like most cars of the era, you could option out your Newport with power windows etc...not like today where your options are extremely limited.

Consult link for more info:

http://www.fuselage.de/

71chr14b.jpg

70chr17b.jpg

69chr12b.jpg

Back