69 Chrysler Keys

MJFUR

Reaction score
I only received 1 set of keys with my 69 Chrysler 300. Ignition marked Y, trunk marked A.

Do I need blanks marked with A and Y or will any blank work?

Thx

I was in the same boat. There’s a couple that at first glance appear to be the same but they aren’t. The key blank has a code. Best practice is take your set in to the key shop and trust no one.

Any updates? Are any of the repro venders making key blanks?

There are some places to buy "similar-look" keys, BUT the letters need to match what you have. Those letters detail the placement and width of the grooves in the key blank's "shank" area, front and back. The "cut code" is specific to the vehicle, as the key blank letter is specific to the key cylinder the key fits into.

@cantflip could well have what you need as to key blanks.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I know that Vans Auto out of Waupun Wisconsin has them. But I don't know if they have different letter codes or not.

The letters that you talked about above. I have never heard of them.

The 69 ignition switch and tumbler are one year only but the keys were the same from the early 60's up to the mid 80's.

What about locksmith pricing, how much they are going to charge for the chrysler keys?
Shouldn't be anymore than any other keys.

You may wish to buy some good NOS blanks rather than the generic keys that they would offer. That's really just appearance though and not much to do with functionality.

What about locksmith pricing, how much they are going to charge for the chrysler keys?
Wow... I just looked at that pricing.
Obviously, those are prices for replacement keys for new cars. Duplicate keys for our old Chryslers are going to be in the under $2 category.

Back