69 Exhaust manifold question

Power75

Reaction score
I have a 69 300 with the standard engine (350 hp) it has up-swept exhaust manifolds that look like the higher hp style with the ribs cast in. I thought maybe a previous owner added them but the red vert that's on ebay has them also. The pic is the ebay car. Is this just coincidence or is there some option for the better manifolds. A previous 70 300 I owned just had the log style manifolds. Thanks, Pat

s-l500.jpg

Those would appear to be '70-'71 HP manifolds as they have the fins for the heat stove. Check the casting number to confirm.

Dave

Last edited:
Log manifolds on the T-Code engines were standard. Only exception that I know of was the police performance option for the T-Code rated at 365hp. That was not offered on the 300.

Dave

Did all the 1970 383 HP C body engines have the finned left manifold? Or were some smooth?

Did all the 1970 383 HP C body engines have the finned left manifold? Or were some smooth?

Parts book shows only 1 LH high performance manifold, #2951216 and it is finned. The heat stove made its debut in '70 so I suspect they all should have been finned, but with mopars, one learns to never say never.

Dave

Back