69 Fury oil pan

FuryKruser

Reaction score
My 69 Fury has a blown 318. I'm considering swap options and not looking to hotrod her. Just a swap with a good engine and considering a roller tappet block but cant find out what year the LA blocks changed. Does anyone know up to what year the oil pan from my 69 would still work?

This crap oil now-days ruins cams and the cash for clunkers has wiped out most of the good stuff!

My pan has a notch for the steering linkage and this would be one less thing to try and retrofit if I can go this route.

I would consider rebuilding it but it is already .040 over and the heads are shot, bearings worn etc...

Thanks in advance for any guidance...

The 318 LA went to roller lifters in 85 if I recall. And then the 360 went roller about four years later. I believe your oil pan will work up until the magnum engine. I don't think the 318 ever used the large rear main seal like the 360.

Another thing to point out if you plan on just buying a used 318 and installing it, if you buy a fuel injected one you not only have to swap over your intake, but it may not have the fuel pump eccentric for a mechanical fuel pump. I ran into that when fleshing up a 318. I swapped my car bed stuff over and when I went to install my new timing set, I realized the eccentric was missing. Not a huge deal as you most likely will be replacing the timing set anyways before installing the engine into your car.

I've got a rebuilt 318 sitting on a stand I'd sell. My Dad and brother built it and never put it in anything. I'm in IL

btw please load a location in your profile. Dave and I are trying to socialize this norm

Which Dave? There are like 30 of them...

LOL. Obviously, but what mods are done to the car requiring the notch?

No mods, all stock but my 69 Fury III has clearly notched indentations for the steering linkage so it doesn't hit the pan. Pan is stamped No. 394.

I found a 318, TBI motor out of an 87 Ram, happy for the Roller lifters so I can just run regular oil. Just need to swap my accessories and a few gaskets to make sure I don't have any leaks and get back on the road. Hopefully by the time Ocean City MD. cruise week comes around.
Having the 727 freshened up too, had a wiped governor housing and getting slow to engaging in drive.

Back