-69 Newport short headers

Marko Kujanpää

Reaction score
Hello! I trying to find short/block hugger headers my 383 Newport -69? Summit Racing pages i only find 2 block huggers. Is those short headers so rare or can't i just found those?????

Try Soini Car Parts at Tampere, and ask for Hedman Shorty Headers. (They are supposed to fit, no experience though.)

Some have manage to fit Hedman 78070 on c-body BB

The center-dump style shorties like the Sandersons point right at the frame rail and there's no room to make the exhaust bend.

The Hedman 78070 shorties work on a C-body, according to someone on the Dry Dock, but you must use a mini starter.

I have Schmacher Tri-Y's on Edelbrock heads on a 66 Chrysler and they fit well. I'm also running a mini starter.

The center-dump style shorties like the Sandersons point right at the frame rail and there's no room to make the exhaust bend.

The Hedman 78070 shorties work on a C-body, according to someone on the Dry Dock, but you must use a mini starter.

I have Schmacher Tri-Y's on Edelbrock heads on a 66 Chrysler and they fit well. I'm also running a mini starter.

Do you have a part number on those headers?

Nice! I wonder how if they would fit a 66 Newport
They should. I posted a picture of them on this site somewhere but I cannot find it. I had a few things for sale, taillights, some wheel covers, and included in the list were these shortys and a set of headers. I can always repost the pic if you're interested.

Back